Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
But how many of those threads are started by crossbreed owners? Are we simply supposed to let the usual suspects spread a pack of uniformed lies without rebuttal?

I repeat the earlier question - we are put in this position more than any other owner.. can you blame us for getting little upset... ?
This thread was started by someone who has NIs.....possibly even more hotly debated than your doodles......maybe you should look back on the threads!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Dogsey the site for DOG LOVERS!!!!!!!
Not the dogs I have a problem with
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I get some people who don't even know that poodles were bred as retrievers!
Well if they've saw what Cheeko is like at retrieve at obediene then I wouldn't blame them for not knowing that's what they are bred for
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:33 PM
No - but there at least with a recognised breed you are more likely to get a certain temperament.....a border collie will most likely herd....a beagle will want to sniff the floor....get the idea?

Marketing Poodle crosses...Of any kind....as great family pets who will not shed is not right as you DO NOT KNOW!

Temperament wise there are no guarantees....BUT if you need a dog that does not shed due to health issues - then people should realise they are taking a gamble when they go for a cross.

I get some people who don't even know that poodles were bred as retrievers!
A "recognised breed" means nothing other than they have a recorded history based only on information provided by the breeder.

So there are KC dogs that are guaranteed not to shed? Most allergies are not caused by hair and most people don't by crosses to avoid allergic reaction.

Some poodles were bred as retrievers and mainly only for water. Many other breeds do this just as well. I love Poodles but they have no more of a purpose than other dogs / breeds / crosses etc.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Whatever...
Typical
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Why oh why has it always to be a "you are pickin on us" reponse
Personally I think its because its the only type of dog where people are questioned just for owning one. I havent seen any breed slated so much and asked about there ethics and morals etc. when there are many problems within breeding of other dogs as well who have been given the ok. It should be just a breeding issue imo

But I dont know I dont own one. Just saying how I would see it.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Not the dogs I have a problem with
haha to true..
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:34 PM
This thread was started by someone who has NIs.....possibly even more hotly debated than your doodles......maybe you should look back on the threads!
I'll re-phrase.... how many of the arguments are started....
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Hysterical.. not bothered about "you" picking on "Us"... just wish you wouldn't avoid the questions raised and simply keep repeating the same rubbish.

I like a good argument... pity you're not up for it and simply regurgitate gainsay !
What questions have been raised? I'm not risking getting banned giving answers on questions about why I don't like certain types of dogs etc. Don't want to be giving out childish insults!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Personally I think its because its the only type of dog where people are questioned just for owning one. I havent seen any breed slated so much and asked about there ethics and morals etc. when there are many problems within breeding of other dogs as well who have been given the ok. It should be just a breeding issue imo

But I dont know I dont own one. Just saying how I would see it.
Go and find some threads on the Northen Inuit... Thats even worse than the doodles!
Page 15 of 53 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »