Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Dog agressive dog AGAIN *sighs*

Well i decided to go for a walk with Pepsi last night, to do some leash training. On the way back i seen what i thought to be a black Lab, how wrong was i lol. As i walked along the other side of the road, it was that dog agressive dog again last night. The owner was about 9 houses down the street shouting to me ' pick up your dog, pick up your dog' in a total panic. Then said ' mine will rip yuors apart ' . Then the dog seen mine and ran across the road with its teeth showing and growling really loud. Pepsi just stood still and was looking at me for a command, bless her. You could tell she was scared as she brought her bum in when it went closer to her. The woman still hadnt moved and kept shouting ' pick your dog up', i then shouted back ' if your dog even touches my dog i will stamp on its f***ing head ' . At this point she started running over at full belt. I said ' theres no way im going to pick my dog up who is on a lead, she is no threat to any other dog, its your dog who should be on the f***ing lead '. As you can tell by my language i totally lost it. This has happened about 4 times with her now and im getting so sick of it.

Well when she caught her dog and put it in the house she just walked off and started talking to her friend no apology or anything. Just like its a regular thing with her. Oh it didnt matter that she may have scarred my poor pup for the rest of its life., the most important thing is to keep the conversation up with her friend

Well i got the door number that she put the dog into and im sure thats where she lives, so im going to call the council today and see what they say. I mean theres no reason i should feel threatened when walking the dog if i see her on the street. It should be on a lead!!! Or have a muzzle on it. Im sooo angry.

Also on a walk this morning i met another dog walker and told her what happened and she said that the dog had also caused serious injuries to another dog. So i hope the other person reported it.

Sorry for the vent but its all building up inside lol
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 09:55 AM
If that happened again I would grab her dog put it in my car and drive it to the local pound!
Becky
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Yea im very tempted but it seems way too unpredictable to even pick it up :S
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 10:00 AM
I would call the police and say you were threatened by the dog. .. That dangerous dogs law is there to protect us as well as scare us ...

It's a long process before the dog is destroyed so don't let that put you off, she's more likely to be given a fine and made to keep the dog secure and muzzled.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Shes a total disgrace, i don't blame you for swearing - i don't think i would have been able to keep my hands off her ! she sounds like a complete ignoramus. I would tell her if she doesn't keep her dog under control you are reporting her to the dog warden/police, though with people like this they would probably have an answer for that as well. She is totally irresponsible, just the sort of person that should be banned from owning dogs. I feel bloody cross for you. Couldn't you get a few other dog walkers who have experienced this with her to report it, if they get a few complaints something might be done about it.

Dogs should be taken away from people like this.

Hugs for you and Pepsi x
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Yes she has seriously annoyed me. Like i said its not the first time this has happened and now when i see her on the field i walk on i just go off and walk Pepsi about 30min later. She never goes up to the dog but i just cant take the chance when its off the lead.

The thing that most got me was that she didnt even apologise. If that were me i couldnt apologise enough. It must show that it happens that often she just doesnt care?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
She obviously doesn't know how to behave - sadly that can be said for a lot of people these days - they don't care about other people its as long as "i'm all right jack"

Her dog should be on a lead and muzzled, why should your dog suffer for it, bloody cheek shouting our "pick your dog up or mine will rip it apart" - i'd have let her have it both barrels stupid bint.

What if next time it seriously injures or kills another dog or even another person (not saying all dog aggressive dogs are human aggressive)

Its not fair that you have to avoid her because she insists her dog is off lead - i'd be very surprised if she hadn't had a few run ins with other people.

I would report her for sure, especially with her attitude.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I would inform your local dog warden, they should then go and speak to the woman about keeping her dog under control.

I would have sworn at her too.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 10:56 AM
This sort of thing makes me so flamin cross , I'd have sworn at her as well, her behaviour and her dogs actions are completely unacceptable, she should be reported to the warden/council, sooner rather than later, before her dog kills. She should keep her dog under control and her mouth shut.

I hope neither of you are too shaken by the experience

(((HUGS))) to both of you
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
You should call the police. This woman and her dog are a liability. There is no way you should feel threatened by 'having your dog ripped apart' in your own neighborhood by some aggressive mutt that is allowed to roam. I am sure this must come under the dangerous dogs act.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »