View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 08:52 PM

"Vicious and aggressive" American Bulldog shot dead.

This stunned me. Whilst I would not hesitate in dealing with a genuinely nasty dog, I cannot for the life of me think why 3 shots were put into this confined animal and it branded a threat, vicious and aggressive. I hope its investigated.

WARNING.
This is the video shot by the attending officer, it contains the dog being shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJVnA5KXJw
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Whilst I can see no obvious reason for that and it's terrible, what was the dog up to previous to that footage being shot as it's not entirely clear.

There is another AB in the news today for an attack on it's owner whilst they were watching the world cup.

I've previously owned this breed and whilst I agree they make fantastic pets they are capable of inflicting terrible damage in the wrong inexperienced hands.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Whilst I can see no obvious reason for that and it's terrible, what was the dog up to previous to that footage being shot as it's not entirely clear.

There is another AB in the news today for an attack on it's owner whilst they were watching the world cup.

I've previously owned this breed and whilst I agree they make fantastic pets they are capable of inflicting terrible damage in the wrong inexperienced hands.
Agree entirely, however, this dog was clearly confined to begin with, why wasnt the humane society called, do you think she posed a threat to those officers?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Thats one upsetting video - That dog is clearly, stressed, confused and scared! Look at her tail wagging after the first shot to, and they had that planned from the second that video started, walking around with the guns in their hands like big men before the dogs even shot the other cop has the blanket/bag what ever it was ready.

They may be capable of things, but that dog just seemed threatened by them thats all.. so would i if i had strangers walking around me point guns and graspers in my face!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Agree entirely, however, this dog was clearly confined to begin with, why wasnt the humane society called, do you think she posed a threat to those officers?
I find it really hard to comment because it isn't clear what the dog was doing to be put in that awful position, I saw no reason for her to be shot the way she was as like you say she was confined. I would really like to know what she was doing prior to the footage being shot - what had she done, or what was she doing?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

How the hell was that dog deemed agressive? An agressive dog would not, under any circumstances lay down and face away from the thing it is agressing against! That video has really upset me

It looked like the dog was the sort of dog that with a bit of time and patience by someone who was human, you could get close without too much danger.

Poor girly Run free of pain and I hope you haunt the officer who shot you for what I can only see as no reason!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:10 PM
She had already been shot once when the video starts. You can see the wound behind the shoulder on her one side.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:14 PM
This is the first part, before the shot was shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3rxv...eature=related
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:14 PM
She had already been shot once when the video starts. You can see the wound behind the shoulder on her one side.
I did wonder if she had already been shot just by her right shoulder
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I was wondering what that mark was

I really don't get some "people".
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »