Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 05:26 AM

Good morning everyone !

Morning all,

Here is today’s morning post . Baz reckoned I should post the same one again….. with the title “Groundhog Day”. However, I’ll spare you

Weather not so good here. Yesterday was awful, with thunder and lightening and torrential rain on and off all day. Poor Roxy was not happy, and was trying to squeeze her impressive frame into the smallest space she could find. Let’s hope it’s not quite as bad today.

Had to whiz Lennon up to the vet last night, as he has a dodgy ear. He’s been holding his head on one side, shaking it, and scratching since Monday. I know that’s not long, but I don’t like to see him in any discomfort, poor lad. The vet gave him a thorough examination and declared his ears as clean as a whistle. She also checked his eyes, gums and teeth, neck and throat but still couldn’t find anything wrong. She decided to give him a 24 hour steroid injection “to break the cycle”. I came out of there £30 worse off, and the minute we left, Lennon started shaking his head – probably amazed at how gullible I am…… Still, better safe (and poor) than sorry eh?

Have a great day everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem (long, but worth it!):
A Touching Story About an Elephant's Memory

An Elephant never forgets - In 1986, Mkele Mbembe was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University . On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.

The elephant seemed distressed, so Mbembe approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Mbembe worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot. The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.

Mbembe stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away.

Mbembe never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Mbembe was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Mbembe and his son were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Mbembe, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Mbembe couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant.
Mbembe summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.

The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Mbembe's legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 05:47 AM
morning vicki
been up for ages - just reading and having some sue time. looks like the weather is going to be the same again here. really wish we could see some sun and get out for a long walk with blackie instead of dodging the showers that seem like mini monsoons.

not a lot on today. need to go and visit the parents i guess. have a good day all

sue
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

Raining here yet again, the dogs beds are looking like muddy swamps and I've only just this minute changed them. My washing machine has given up on me, as has the central heating so, even after I've washed the vet bed by hand, (no mean feat), I can't get them dry

Up early today as it's my first day of work, wonder whats in store for me

Have a good day everyone
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. We had the same lousy weather yesterday. Today looks a lot better. Hope Lennon is ok Vicki. Have a good Wednesday everyone.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
morning vicki
been up for ages - just reading and having some sue time. looks like the weather is going to be the same again here. really wish we could see some sun and get out for a long walk with blackie instead of dodging the showers that seem like mini monsoons.

not a lot on today. need to go and visit the parents i guess. have a good day all

sue
Morning Sue

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

Raining here yet again, the dogs beds are looking like muddy swamps and I've only just this minute changed them. My washing machine has given up on me, as has the central heating so, even after I've washed the vet bed by hand, (no mean feat), I can't get them dry

Have a good day everyone
Morning Sheree - good luck today honey xox

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. We had the same lousy weather yesterday. Today looks a lot better. Hope Lennon is ok Vicki. Have a good Wednesday everyone.
Morning Jackie
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Morning Vicki,glad to hear Lennons ear is ok Ollie did this and we were given some liquid stuff to put down and then rub his ear and wipe it did it for a week he was ok after that.Same as Lennon Vet could find nothing wrong.
Morning all given up trying to guess what the weather is doing it always end up raining.
at todays gem.Have a good day everyone.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

Have a good day everyone
good luck sheree
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all!

Miracle! It didn't rain at all for the duration of the morning walk! That's pretty remarkable at the moment We've got friends coming over for dinner tonight, and they're going to stay over. I've got tomorrow off so Lisa and I can lounge around a bit in the morning, while the fellas get off to work Yay! I need a day off right now!

Have a great first day Sheree - I'll be thinking of ya!

Take care guys...
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 06:41 AM

Sorry to hear about Lennon hope he is feeling better soon. Hoping the weather isnt as crazy as yesterday, from sun to rain to thunderstorms to big fat ice cubes falling from the sky was amazing to watch and quite funny watching people scatter that must've hurt

Love the gem

Have a great day all xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all, bright and sunny here at the moment, lets hope it lasts off up the bank with a friend this morning to try to sort her finaces out for her, she's got herself into a bit of a pickle, at the moment her bank charges exceed her income so somethings got to happen hope you all have a good one
Christine
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >