Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:10 PM

Dogs with wind

Anyone know if there's anything available to give your dog who has a wind problem?

Never had any problems with her before but all weekend she's been ' blowing off '

Always seems to sit by us an do it too.... lol...gassing us..

If anyone can help,it would be great!!!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:42 PM
charcoal tablets, i've never used them but someone mentioned them before I think, one of our dogs had terrible wind when we had him , hes a rescue dog, and we thought we would just have to put up with it but he stopped within a few days and has been fine since so god knows what he was being fed before, so I think diet is the main thing to look at.
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh she's on a dry complete diet,took her off the tinned meats cos she had the ' wind ' problem,just this weekend has started lol.. .. ill pop in pets at home tomorrow an see if they sell these charcoal tabs,thanks for the info
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
If it is a temporary problem, she may have helped herself to who knows what. It should go away before long. I have no idea if the charcoal tablets will help, but anything is wort trying.
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 02:15 AM
im hoping it stops soon,sat in silence on the laptop an all i can hear is her belly rumbling an her gassing off lol....sounds gross..i know!!
I've looked up pets at home an they dont sell charcoal tabs,so dunno where id get any from,ill just wait an see how she gets on tomorrow,if it persists then im gonna look around for some relief for her.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Gas mask.....?

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Charcoal biscuits, you can get them pretty much in any pet shop, and the good thing is the dogs think they are treats

we had an issue with Dougal when we got him first, was so bad we had to open all the windows downstairs in the middle of winter! Turns out it was the change in his diet, it went away after a wee while.

Although, if we feed him anything he's not used to we have to dig out the gas masks again. Even if he gets scraps, oh boy, look out!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Have you given her anything different to eat? I know when I gave Maggie some paddywack for the first time the next day she was puffing left right and centre and oh my lord it was lethal!
I will now know not to give her any the day before we have guests .
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
One of my friends dogs was blowing away like a good un yesterday. Her husband suggested puting him under her arm, shoving a tin whistle up his bum and using him as a bagpipe!
Becky
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
One of my friends dogs was blowing away like a good un yesterday. Her husband suggested puting him under her arm, shoving a tin whistle up his bum and using him as a bagpipe!
Becky
Lol
I can recommend charcoal biscuits and as Lore says the dog thinks they are treats and will eat them readily
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >