Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tara8t8
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2008, 09:06 PM

Enclosed Walking area in Cumbria

I have a 1yr old dog, and i am scared to let him off his lead, as he has run away once before, luckily i managed to catch him! But i was wondering if anyone knew of an area which is enclosed so i could let him off the lead and not worry! Thanks so much
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi, I don;t come from Cumbria but we go to the Lake District quite a bit, that's the thing it's so open up there, he could run for miles. I know there a a few on here from that area, they may notice this thread and be able to help.
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2008, 02:56 PM
How about an enclosed tennis court or field. Other than that a 30ft flexi or horses lunge would help.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 06:26 PM
sorry i dont know cumbria at all ,but what a shame you carnt let your dog off lead ,when we rescued ruby we were advised to let her off straight away as they are more likely to follow then ,and i must say she never go's far and her recall is perfect, even at only 8 months old ,on the other hand when we had gemma as a puppy i was worried about letting her off so i held her back till she was at least 6 months and we had a terrible job to teach her recall , have you tried treats and toys ,as a bribe ?imsure you'll find the way ,fingers crossed for you
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Whereabouts are you in Cumbria?

I can maybe help, Cumbrian born and bred so know a few walking areas!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 08:30 PM
not from that area ,put him on a long line ,that way when he runs you can jump on the end thats what we did with dylan