View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 10:16 AM
I hated it all cos at primary school they tried to force feed me meat, and i knew i was a veggie at a very young age.At high school we could buy n choose our own so it wasnt too bad!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 10:51 AM
i used to like the school dinners i used to get they always made sure you had plenty,ooh chocolate crunch and pink custard everyones favourite i think
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Junior school dinners were foul, the mashed potato's smelled like fish food and tasted disgusting.

In the comprehensive tho the dinners were lovely, I usually went to the salad bar for my dinner. I even started a craze off in the school. Having every flavour soft drink mixed into one cup lol It was started as a dare and I'm not one to back down from a dare lol
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Lovely at my first school there were 9 of us in the school and it was cooked by the lady (Mrs Cundy) who lived in the school house and was the caretaker /cook. At the next school my Aunt was the cook and I got extra custard
Best was roast/fish/pudding..left over sponge pudding was brought around the class rooms and you were allowed to spread your hankie on the desk and have a piece
Worst was liver/pink sauce on fish (tomato?)/slimy cabbage
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 01:33 PM
i LOVED school dinners!

junior school especially...

macaroni cheese, mash potato and baked beans all mixed together! yum!
cheese flan, smiley faces
Pizza

apple crumble, pink custard.

high school was the same i think, cept they had a tuck shop and as the cue was shorter i always went there.. but it was pizza, chocolate cornflakes, iced buns etc
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 01:54 PM
I loved primary school dinners: meatballs in tomatoe sauce and chips. Chocolate cake with green icing was fab. My secondary school didn't have a chef as we only had 150 students in the whole school so we all had packed lunches.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2005, 02:12 PM
The dinners at my junior school were horendous!

My time at junior school was from 1975-1981 when kids had no choice about what was served and they really were horrible.Things which stick in my mind (and also throat!) were;bakewell tart,custard,pink blamange,treacle pudding,boiled cabbage,suede (which was served with everything),hungarian goulash,lumpy mashed potato.

I did like their sausages though!

Going to secondary school was much better (1981-1986) where you had a big choice.My favourites were;baked potato,lasagne,macoroni cheese etc.
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
The dinners at my junior school were horendous!

My time at junior school was from 1975-1981 when kids had no choice about what was served and they really were horrible.Things which stick in my mind (and also throat!) were;bakewell tart,custard,pink blamange,treacle pudding,boiled cabbage,suede (which was served with everything),hungarian goulash,lumpy mashed potato.

I did like their sausages though!

Going to secondary school was much better (1981-1986) where you had a big choice.My favourites were;baked potato,lasagne,macoroni cheese etc.

I was only a year in front of you, so know exactly the yuk menu.
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I was lucky, we lived two mins from both my primary and secondary schools, so we went home for lunch.

My favourite was sausage roll, beans and mash Mum used to leave us notes saying what was in the house for lunches, she was very good to us (still is )

Aileen x
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

31-07-2005, 09:46 AM
I hated school dinners - it was so horrible still brings back nightmares - the school dinner ladies had it in for me I'm sure they used to make me eat it all up and they would stand over me saying how ungrateful I was until I ate it all - yuck!

the worst was the milk we had to drink warm in the summer and it had ice in the winter - the best thing that happened was when they stopped it being compulsory - I remember all the parents complaining about it being stopped but I was so glad
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >