Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 06:09 PM

paint on path

our lovely neighbour decided to paint his wall the other week he let himself onto our property and has left a huge line of paint all down the footpath i have tried to get it off to no avail(white spirit,paint stripper,soap and water)any ideas?i have no idea what paint was used,last year he painted it with emulsion and it rained 1 hour later and all the paint ran however this time it isn't emulsion cos i can't budge it
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2005, 06:28 PM
I would presume your neighbour used masonry paint and im afraid a wire brush and a hell of a lot of elbow grease will be needed to remove it.

Have a friendly word to remind him of the law.As it stands,you cannot prevent him from maintaining his propery or boundry,but he is required to ask your permission first and to leave yours as he found it! Tell him to clean up his mess.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Very good Steve agree with you
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 07:51 PM
yeah me too!!
he had no right letting himself onto your property, let alone covering YOUR footpath in masonry paint!!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 08:03 PM
We've just painted the whole outside of our house and found a pressure washer did remove the small blobs of paint, that OH of course :smt018 , dripped onto the path, but it was removed pretty soon afterwards.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 09:13 AM
thanks everybody,we have lived next to him for 22 years,he has always done it but not to this extent.we have had to put up with him cutting his grass at the weekend at 7.30 am,once he even let himself into our house,my mum was upstairs heard the front door open then close,she came downstairs and there he was.he is really beginning to annoy us now,he kept tormenting diesel my eldest dog by leaning over the wall and clicking his fingers at her,nedless to say she is desperate to bite him.i have moved back in with my parents full time and have the 2 dogs with me so i convinced my dad it was safer to put a fence up in the back garden.bl**dy neighbours eh?the other side are fantastic though so at least thats something!best buy a wire brush!!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 09:29 AM
im sure that you have ggrounds for complaint . did he have a key to your house . i think could still be classed as tresspass if he did if he didnt its breaking and entering .
you could try getting a tresspass order against him . this should stop him comeing uninvited on to your property
try cilit bang powder to remove the paint and send him the bill for it and for time spent cleaning it off .. your normal hourly work rate should do it ..
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 10:32 AM
thanks,he didn't have a key,but how many people leave their front door unlocked whilst in the house?he had to go through our porch then through the front door.i will try to convince my dad to get a solicitors letter,my dads theory is anything for a quiet life but it's not him who has to go and clean up the bl**dy mess!at least he can't come in the house anymore,anybody goes near the doors and the 2 dogs raise merry hell(ha ha)
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 10:51 AM
crikey my own family know i keep my back door open but noone just walks in , mt door is iopen for th convieniec of myself and my dogs not other people .
im sorry id have to say something . or go do it to him see how he likes it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 11:25 AM
my dad was right angry when he just walked into the house,he was all set to belt him but he is an older asian guy so we just assumed it was what he was like,he really creeps me out though so thank god for my dogs i know i'm safe!!my mum says she will tell his daughter to tell him not to come near our house without permission.i didn't feel it was my place to say anything as i have only just moved back home but i have been told by my parents if i see him doing something i don't like just tell him!off to buy cillit bang and a wire brush,oh the joys of having neighbours!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >