Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 01:30 PM

Recycling!!!

WE now have recycle boxes for cans - plastic bottles - glass
Also Bags for Paper
Down our road most of us have all numbered our Boxes & Bags - I have just watched them remove mine to empty to replace with someone elses..........so I went out and said, " would you be kind enough to return the ones with my address on it" His reply was " why, what difference does it make thaty are all the same" My reply was " they may be all the same but some are dirtier than others"
I am not being picky - he didn't return my box just the lid with address on, I know it isn't my box because it is full of rancid milk at the bottom and we don't put any milk items in ours, and everything is washed out anyway!!!!!!!!
Sorry to moan!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 03:29 PM
sweep good on you for telling him that it wasnt your box and what a rotten attitude of that man i wouldnt want anyone elses box especially if it was stinking
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 04:31 PM
!!!! So typical isn't it

Well we had the other problem - they'd take everyone else's recycle bags and not ours!!!! Go figure - by the time 1 month had past we had at least 20 bags stacked at the front of our house - bright orange bags - how do you missed those! Got threatening letters from a neighbour and we had to beg the council to sort it before something bad happened!!

Needless to say we have shifted area since but are frightened to recycle again.

Good for you for saying something about it - if it's got house numbers on it then they should be returned to the rightful owner - someone would have been glad to benefit from your clean bin!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 08:44 AM
our council wont empty your bin umless the lid closes flat ! we have fly tipping allover the place now. blinkin jobs worths some of them . makes you wonder why you bother paying your coucil tax
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Plz dont get me started on this subject lol
its a very sore point in our town ant the moment,, if our lid is not completely closed they dont empty your bin!!!!!!
it infuriates me,, i have 2 children one still in full time nappies and one whom still has a nappy for bed, so you tell me how the hell im supposed to get my lid to close with a weeks worth of dirty nappies plus the usual household waste,, so i rang the council and what did they say??
"if you are not happy with the situation you can purchase another wheeley bin at a cost of £125 to yourself!!"
BARE FACE CHEEK OF IT!!
so somebody plz tell me why do we pay our council tax again??????????
deester
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2005, 09:57 AM
They do that with ours too and we always end up getting a dirty one back. I agree its so annoying. We don't get lids with ours though and they do not supply bins for plastic bottles here