Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Bucksmum View Post
I'm sure your advice is correct and very welcome,i just feel that lovely Tess maybe should enjoy anything and everything that is going to make her happy.No offence intended xxxx
no offence taken i agree with you (although my last post may explain why, imho no milk)
cuddles71
New Member!
Female 

30-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
rice pudding? with milk? if she has d+ this will not help at all
am i helping or hindering? i seem to be the voice of doom
i dont mean to be.x
No thats fine-i know what your saying. we have tried what vet has advised and she wont eat most of it. If eating rice pudding which was just spoonfuls makes her happy then so be it.
Shes had the diarrhea for weeks now and is part of the illness so it wont make much difference. She was on chicken and rice alone and still had D. Vet says she shouldnt have meat including chicken.Potatoes,pasta,rice,veg-good.
We cant win so whatever she likes she will have.She used to have diet of fruit and veg but refuses it now.
Fresh m&s salmon she also likes.lol. Im going to make salmon with potatoes tomorr. hopefully she will eat that.Iv never done this much cooking!!
many thanks
lisaxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by cuddles71 View Post
No thats fine-i know what your saying. we have tried what vet has advised and she wont eat most of it. If eating rice pudding which was just spoonfuls makes her happy then so be it.
Shes had the diarrhea for weeks now and is part of the illness so it wont make much difference. She was on chicken and rice alone and still had D. Vet says she shouldnt have meat including chicken.Potatoes,pasta,rice,veg-good.
We cant win so whatever she likes she will have.She used to have diet of fruit and veg but refuses it now.
Fresh m&s salmon she also likes.lol. Im going to make salmon with potatoes tomorr. hopefully she will eat that.Iv never done this much cooking!!
many thanks
lisaxxxxx
i wish you both all the best ((hugs))x
cuddles71
New Member!
Female 

30-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
oh hun
i think you know its only a matter of time,you dont need me to tell you,but,try to make the most of it.i agree about the steroids not making much difference now(although,if its a matter of making her comfortable side effects at this stage isnt an issue,so tad confussed about that)also ultrasounds are not stressfull,but it will not give you anymore answers at this stage,so,imho i wouldnt.re the food things,i guess its give her what makes her happy,but ice cream and milk will not help her,she will have belly ache to deal with as well,also d+ can make her unsteady on her back legs(not needed if she is weak)
take care.xx
hi ya
Its the trip to the vet thats stressful.She shakes soon as she sees the place-The stress gives her a high temerature as proven by vet. The last couple days D hasnt been that bad and thats With the rice pudding.She will have the same tomorrow if she wants it.
My niece is on 2nd year course training to be a vet at university and she advises us accordingly if needed.
Thanks again ,
lisa xxxxxxxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Moet was with us from mid December to almost the end of January. The first indication we had that there was anything wrong was when he swelled up like a balloon, we did sort that out, he wouldn't eat the vets diet, I think when you are a no win situation you let the dog be happy and have what they want, just take it a day at a time.

Moet was 15 years old when we lost him and didn't ever look his age until his illness. I am glad you have decided to have the vet out, we always do this when we have to make the decision, it will be less traumatic for all of you.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi Cuddles and welcome to dogsey, i am so sorry to hear about tessa, we had a same problem with Charlie who was 12, he wasnt himself and had lost a lot of weight and was being sick, woulnt eat, drank lots. we took him to the vet and after a million test he was diagnosed with hepatitas of the liver,we did get him home for a while and we had to give him insulin injections and we fed him whatever he wanted to eat which wasnt much, unfortunatley he got worse and we lost him in March this year, i do hope that the medication you have for tessa will give you more time and wish you the best of luck.

Kobebear's mummy
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 02:49 PM
So sorry to hear of your wee Bullie, have you tried cottage cheese, thats a really light protien, when my shar pei had liver and kidney problems thats what she liked...
Bullies in Need is a great place for advise for your wee one xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3