View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
It's offered to me automatically as I'm diabetic.

A work colleague's husband was given it, and they never mentioned the swine flu addition - his face has swollen up terribly and he feels awful. He's back at the docs as we speak......

I'm really pleased I refused.....
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I took it as I have asthma. I have previously refused the swine flu jab and was bloody horrified to find out that the flu jab had swine flu in it! I wasn't told that when I was offered the jab. I was ok though, my arm was swollen the next few days and the day after I had sore knees and shoulders (just that ache that you get when you're not well). I felt a bit run down but I had worked a LOT that week too so it might have just been that. Glad I had it now but would have liked to have been told it contained swine flu, especially as I had refused it in the past!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 05:17 PM
My gran and granpa had it about a month a go or something, they are both fine and suffered no reactions to it at all.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 06:20 PM
The majority of my colleagues have had it and suffered no ill effects other than a very sore arm.

I've previously declined the flu jab as I'm generally quite healthy, however this year I've been off for three weeks in one month with recurrent ear and chest infections. I've been advised to have it this year because of this, so once my latest cold has subsided I'm going to have mine.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 06:51 PM
i would have refused it, I was offered it when pregnant with Lola ( the swine flu only) and scaremongering into giving it to Luca who already has issues with vaccines.

I read up on it and didnt like what i read by a pro vaccine doctor regarding egg allergies( luca has )
I was then offered the egg free one for him, ( which also doesnt contain mercury( thiomersal) but yet they woudlnt give me the mercury free one even though i was pregnant so I just refused both.

and we havent had as much as a cold since we were offered it.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2010, 06:54 PM
i got invited for the flu jab every year as i was on the asthma register.
so i figured i amy as well take them up on it

they asked me to reas the leaflet.
nothing unusual i thought, all meds have these contra indication leaflets.

but with the leaflet they left me a form to sign to say i understand and accepted the risks on the leaflet prior to the jab!

bloody hell i thought thats a bit drastic

so i read the leaflet, which proceeded to tell me of serveral wasy i could die, go in a coma, or get brain damage.

i handed the leaflets back and said no thanks, my asthma isnt quite that bad!
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I had my flu jab last night, reading the posts I'm wishing I hadn't! I have it because I'm asthmatic. I wasn't told it contained swine flu (I had that jab too) Today my arm is hurting and my body is starting to hurt too, could be a coincidence I guess as I do work with kids and they have all sorts of germs flying around.... We'll see eh?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Hubby had the swine flu jab last year (he has a heart condition) with no ill effects, and this year he has had the combined jab, with no ill effects. He was told it was a combined one.
Our neighbour who is diabetic refused the combined one.
Guess who is now running in and out, looking after our neighbour with flu?
Yes you got it , me!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
My sister works in a GP practice and none of the staff have the swine flu jab because they see so many bad reactions to it.
So I would refuse.
That's very interesting Claire, when I was at my surgery last week I was also offered it but I declined. They couldn't do it 'till the end of this week and it seemed a long way to come back for
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Mum & I got flu jab about 3 1/2 weeks ago. We were not told it had swine flu in it either! Mum gets it every year as shes in her 80's & I get it as I worked in NHS & now as a Carer. Unusally for me I had very sore arm for about a week - sore lifting it etc. Mum has had a very bad flu/cough ever since. She cant shift the cough despite antibiotics!

To be honest if we had been told about the swine flu inclusion I might have thought twice but would probably have gone ahead anyway.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >