Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 07:43 AM

My Aunt can finally have her op!!!

I havent told you this and I've kind of being holding it back and trying to forget about it.

My Aunt got diagonosed with cervical cancer in the summer. Further tests showed that she had more tumours than they could begin to try and remove. We also had problems with my Nan, weeks before we got the news about her daughter, she had a bad fall and was kept in the hospital until she was better, they were testing her for dimentia, she's old not crazy - that upset em the most. After my Grandad died 3 years ago she had a nervous breakdown and everyone of my uncles and aunts wanted to put her in a home - she is one of those people who wont accept help if she doesnt need it, My aunt is the one who cares for her and they wouldnt let her out of the hospital until there were more carers to visit her, Social Services were being rubbish but after weeks of negotiating they allowed one more carer - figures. Problems with my nan subsided after a while with people from the family taking it in turns to visit her when her carers werent there - diffcult to work around but we got there even with one of my aunts (different one) refusing to help the person who gave her life etc.
My Aunt stayed with my Nan and both of them helped each other out and someone would stay with my Nan when my Aunt went for chemo, and my Aunt would stop at my Uncles because of the risk of infection from cold/flu-y people walking in and out to look after my Nan. During the past few months my Aunt has been feeding a stray and her 3 kittens who made a home in her shed, she already has a semi-ferral cat who comes and goes who had kittens last year then was spayed - with my aunt's money.

She's done the same for this cat - who is friendly and loveable than most (she must have had a home at some point) the kittens were took by a local rescue and the mother is going to be rehomed by my Aunt - she would keep both strays if her cat got on with other cats....but thats a different story.

So, the good news is after months of chemo, yesterday she got a letter to say her tumours had shrunk enough for her to undergo the op. Everyone is relieved for her as it has been a difficult 6 or so months to deal with.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Aww Bless ya!

I am so pleased your aunt can now start her treatment Everything crossed here for a speedy recovery x

Thinking of you all *Hugs*
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Glad she can finally have the op! Fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks Lou - it's great news actually, it's been a rough year for everyone
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks Settagirl
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Brilliant news. I hope the op goes well
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 06:53 PM
That's really good news your Aunt can have the op, am sorry you've had/are having such a tough time, hope everything goes well and better times ahead for you all
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys last year was a really bad year for us all but this year has turned out a bit better I'll keep you updated on how she's going
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Great news, wishing her a speedy recovery xxxxxxxxxxx