View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 06:22 PM
All better now. Just itchy where the two stings were.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by lianne1983 View Post
We're struggling with damn wasps at the mo. Got a huge nest kind of in the loft, it's between the insulation, guttering and tiles so can't remove it easily! And about a metre in length

Had pest control round 3weeks ago, got his gear on and sprayed something to kill them off, nope, still here, came back and put a power thing on, nope, they're now coming in the house!!! We have been getting between 5 and 10 a day, I'm sure they're some bloody genectically modified species!!!!
Nasty, hope they go soon.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Ouch!! I hate wasps too! Tho couldn't bear to kill them when there was a nest in the loft - for two years running!!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 06:35 PM
We have a nest in the false roof above our bathroom window (it's a Dorma type window so they, luckily, arent in the loft) and it's been there all summer. The dogs have a raised twin water bowl outside and I picked it up a few weeks ago and one of the damn things was on there, got me right on the bit of skin between thumb and forefinger.

It took quite a few days for the pain and swelling to go down so I sympathise! I hate it when there is a wasp round me and I go nuts and somebody says "stand still!". Hmmm, not likely, i'd rather take my chances and run!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Nasty Leanne, my stings were between 3rd and 4th fingers, very painful and of course you cant bend it either!! Ill run from now on too!!

Move the nest when they have gone Azz, nasty things!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2010, 11:20 PM
The last time I got stung, I was about 6. The doc told my mum that the next sting might be the last Nowadays, I sit in the garden and shoot them with my air gun!

Snorri
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3