View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I had it so severe I had an hysterectomy at 31, I was told I wouldn't be able to concieve anyway and the pain was so horrendous.
Mine had also spread to my bladder and bowel and I've still got severe adhesions that flare up sometimes.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Boxacrazy View Post
I have a from of endometrosis that's in the womb wall.
It's called Adenomyosis.

I had mine diagnosed after I had a mis-diagnosis of an ovarian cyst (Dr's couldn't decide if it was kidney stones or severe UTI) which then ruptured (agony).
I was given a laparoscopy as I was still in so much pain..
The Consultant at the hospital advised that if I'd have had a family they'd have offered me a hysterectemy but as I haven't I couldn't. So I got offered to try a contraceptive pill.

I am on cerazette too, and it's been my miracle tablet.
I haven't had any 'female' monthly functions for 6 years and it's been heaven to be able to function 'normally' and do daily stuff that you take so much for granted.
The only thing is that if you have to go on antibiotics it lessens the effect of the cerazette and symptoms of pain etc do come back.

There is a great forum called Endoaware, I find it very helpful and supportive. However I believe that it's down for a site upgrade at the moment. But they also now have a FB page.

Some people have found that tens machines help etc.
But I found that the Endo group was alos very supportive and helpful with ideas of what has helped them.

For me cerazette has been a godsend and it allows me to work and have my doggy hobbies.
Whereas before I was a complete mess and wouldn't know what I'd be like each day until I awoke..

You have my sympathies I wouldn't wish Endo on anyone.
Thanks, have found the FB page! Things are better with cerazette, but symptoms are definitely getting worse ;o(

Originally Posted by Vicki_Ann View Post
My Mum has endo and my doctor thinks I have too. I'm only 22 and my consultant doesn't want to do a laparoscopy as he says with endo you simply treat the symptoms, so they may as will presume I have it and treat the symptoms.

I've been on some form on contraception since I was 11. I have the opposite problem to some, in that my periods last weeks and are obscenely heavy.

The pain is indescribable. I have always thought it was normal, as I have never known different, but when I started speaking about it as a teen, I realised it wasn't normal at all.

Currently I have the implant, for ease more than anything as doctors are rubbish and getting prescriptions every month/few months is more a mission than it should be.

It's okay, but I'm still settling into it and I'm getting more and more of the symptoms back.

My Mum has 4 children, and she was told she was infertile, so I wouldn't lose hope. Not much is known about the condition and the signs and symptoms are hugely variable between individuals.

I would stress that it might be worth looking into some form of contraceptive treatment, this is about the best bet. My Mum had the coil fitted a year or so ago and she says her symptoms are much better. She suffers dreadfully with fatigue and is physically ill at that time of the month but it's limited down to one or two days now.

Best of luck and chin up. Hope all goes well with further tests. Will be thinking of you x
Thank you so much xx

Originally Posted by maxine View Post
No advice Em as I have no experience of it, but {{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} from us here. I hope you get it sorted soon. xx
Thanks Max, me too xx

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I had it so severe I had an hysterectomy at 31, I was told I wouldn't be able to concieve anyway and the pain was so horrendous.
Mine had also spread to my bladder and bowel and I've still got severe adhesions that flare up sometimes.
I'm sorry to hear that. If it wasn't for the fact that I am desperate for a child I would be asking for one too! The pain is that bad!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3