View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I would have confronted the teacher first before approaching the Head, if the explanation from the teacher was not satisfactory then i would have gone to the Head.

I'm not being rude but sometimes kids exaggerate or get things out of proportion (my kids have before) - you have only heard your childs side of things, give the teacher a chance to explain and see what she has to say

Oops sorry i've just seen on the previous page your post. I think you did the right thing, you behaved in a proper civilised manner. I understand how your OH reacted, i think mine probably would have done the same tbh, it doesn't help though does it.

Maybe the teacher concerned will speak to you on parents evening about what happened, would imagine they would be a bit sheepish and embarassed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2010, 04:43 PM
I think you may find the teacher thinks twice now before doing anything like it again.

At least the school are now aware. Over the next 3-4 years most of the people employed within the LEA will probably not be available to sort out these problems with the school as they are making most of the people responsible for these jobs redundant.

My OH works for the LEA in one of the London boroughs and is redundant from Friday he would of been involved in complaints like these if they complained to the local LEA. I hope your local council have more sense.

Keep an eye on things and if not happy go back and speak to the head and if you still feel you want to complain to the LEA then inform the Head of your decision.

Good luck.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm glad you have things sorted out to your satisfaction. I see how your husband feels and but I think you did the right thing in staying calm - people tend to take more notice if you do and have no reason to feel aggrieved. His reaction is understandable though - it must have been soooo tempting to bop him one.

What I don't get is what explanation the teacher gave for his disgraceful behaviour? Why did he react like that? So what if your daughter's posture wasn't adequate - that doesn't give him a reason to treat her so roughly. Has he apologised? Maybe he's got something going on in his life or he needs some treatment for anger management or something; it sounds as though he lost control/became unduly impatient and that was well over the top.

Hope parents' evening goes well!
No explanation as to why the teacher reacted that way, other than for bad posture, was given - what I did get though was a 'Sorry' card when I went to go pick her up at school kicking out time, so happy with that. I just hope nothing like this happens again, because that isn't where I'll be complaining next time, if there is one. I have said to hubby though maybe he ought to do the same, even if just to keep on good terms with our daughters school. Though, even the head did say this morning he did 110% understand his reaction but maybe it was slightly OTT. Hubby tends to be a little hot headed where the kids welfare is concerned, I think I'd be more worried if he wasn't.

She's come in happy tonight, so pleased it's all sorted now.
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I would have confronted the teacher first before approaching the Head, if the explanation from the teacher was not satisfactory then i would have gone to the Head.

I'm not being rude but sometimes kids exaggerate or get things out of proportion (my kids have before) - you have only heard your childs side of things, give the teacher a chance to explain and see what she has to say

Oops sorry i've just seen on the previous page your post. I think you did the right thing, you behaved in a proper civilised manner. I understand how your OH reacted, i think mine probably would have done the same tbh, it doesn't help though does it.

Maybe the teacher concerned will speak to you on parents evening about what happened, would imagine they would be a bit sheepish and embarassed.
Well I got to go in a moment I'll let you know whether anything else gets mentioned to me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Can't wait to see how the evening meeting goes.....

x0x
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Parents evening went well, teacher was rather sheepish and funnily enough nice as pie (wonder why!?) Nothing else got a mention, everything was confirmed that my daughter is doing brilliantly at school, but is a quiet pupil (I knew that already - she's very non confrontational, polite and well spoken) in all her top sets for her class, gets her head down and works well.

So, as confirmed as reflected in her school reports (quiet, well spoken, polite, works well, gets good grades etc) no need for what happened at all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2010, 04:59 AM
Sounds like the reprimand may of worked.

Maybe and I am not making any excuses for her as my feelings would of been the same as yours over this and Gorden having worked in the profession for 26 years both in and out of the class room I would of been only to well aware this is not allowed she didn't realise what she was doing in the sense with the amount f pressure she was applying maybe she thought she was just moving your daughters hand and now it has been brought to her attention that she has marked a child she has had time to take stock of what she does.

Hopefully now there will be no more concerns with your daughter or anyone else's child.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Glad everything went well. Just out of interest how old is the teacher and how many years teaching?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Ok, The first thing you have to do is to write down word for word what happened as told by your daughter, this way you won't exaggerate or forget as time goes on.....somethign we all have a tendency to do. If there are still marks then photo them. This way you will have a log of what has happened. the head should take a transcript of what your daughter says. this might be signed, and I would ask for a copy of this. The head will then discuss this with the teacher and report back. If you are not happy with the outcome then either discuss it further with the head or write a formal complaint to the Governors who will have to do a separate investigation. After this it will depend on whether you wish to take it outside of school etc etc....

Hope this gets sorted.....
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3