Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Dawn I didn't want to remove it everyone has been so supportive its just that till we knew what was going on and where he was I couldn't discuss it I now know where he is have had contact by e-mail with him and he has e-mailed his boss and we now know he is out of the UAE.

So to all those that have been to hell and back with us in the last 30+ hours thank you.

He has got himself into a bit of a financial pickle. He left the hotel not checked out his boss knew this yesterday and didn't want to alarm us and didn't want the authorities involved also I didn't know if Michael would be able to pick anything up through the internet and we certainly didn't want to scare him off.

His boss was able to track him through a deal yesterday which he did and the car on the toll roads. He went into Abi Dhabi did the deal and flew out from there. He made enough commission to get out of the UAE he is now in France. He has apologised too us all and isn't really sure why he went to France. I hope and think he knows how good the firm have been in dealing with it all and keeping things under wraps as they were more concerned for his safety. We still do not know when he will be home but as you can imagine we are relieved he is safe I cannot tell you how sick I felt wondering if he was laying dead or injured somewhere.

He has been in touch with his boss and apoligised and is due a huge amount of money this month through commission but has realised the firm will need to pay his bill to the hotel with it. We are not sure if he has any other debt as of yet we are hoping not. He has told them where the hire car was left so they could pick it up which will have to be paid from his commission he made. Not the hire that is paid till the end of the month. The cost of retrieving it will have to be paid.

His boss did say that the problems can be sorted easily so hopefully not to much to worry about.

We are all obviously so happy he is safe and will deal with the rest as things emerge.

When he does arrive home he will get a big hug first and then a clip round the ear. There is a queue but his dad and I are first in the queue. He says he will e-mail again tomorrow.

So once again thanks for all the wonderful support.
So pleased it's something as simple as money Lynn, not trying to belittle Michael's worries though, he must have been distraught to have taken those steps but, as you say, he is alive and that was your main concern, the money issues can be sorted. xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
So pleased it's something as simple as money Lynn, not trying to belittle Michael's worries though, he must have been distraught to have taken those steps but, as you say, he is alive and that was your main concern, the money issues can be sorted. xxx
Thats what we say everything else can be sorted the main thing is he is alive and well and been in touch and not taken off somewhere in a terrible worry.

I can't think things can be too bad or else his boss would not of been as understanding as he was.

I have hardly slept and all I have eaten since yesterday since breakfast is a small piece of cake when we went out for a coffee we couldn't stand being in the house waiting for news we had to get out for a bit a bowl of soup for tea and a piece of apple pie at mums this afternoon.

So now I am hungry and tired. We are waiting for him to get back in touch and hopefully find out what the damage is.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 02:59 PM
So pleased he has been in email contact - you musty be feeling so much better. Money problems can lead people to do strange things and at the time can seem insurmountable but hopefully the waters will seem clearer now he knows he has his families support x
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear this Lynne - but thank goodness he is safe & well x
Nothing else matters - it can be dealt with as long as he's ok.
You must be exhausted!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
So pleased he has been in email contact - you musty be feeling so much better. Money problems can lead people to do strange things and at the time can seem insurmountable but hopefully the waters will seem clearer now he knows he has his families support x
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Sorry to hear this Lynne - but thank goodness he is safe & well x
Nothing else matters - it can be dealt with as long as he's ok.
You must be exhausted!
Thanks both.
Money worries when you are living with or close to your family are bad enough but in a strange country where you may be worried your passport could be seized then you can't work, eat or have a roof over your head must be frightening.

He has too much pride sometimes and I know work would of helped him out but he hates to ask and feels he can sort everything himself then panics when things aren't as straightforward as he thought.

Still have a turmoil of emotions going on but expect I will till I know exactly where in France he is what he is doing and if he is coming home.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:01 PM
At least now you know your son is safe.

Some people may think fleeing a country because you are in debt is over the top.. But in Dubai if you cant pay or faulter on your debts you are jailed, and will stay in jail untill either you pay the debt or someone pays it for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
At least now you know your son is safe.

Some people may think fleeing a country because you are in debt is over the top.. But in Dubai if you cant pay or faulter on your debts you are jailed, and will stay in jail untill either you pay the debt or someone pays it for you.
I think thats why he panicked. Which was silly really he should of gone into his boss and explained and they would of sorted things out they put a lot of business this particular hotels way this is where they put the new recruits up for the first 3 months paid. Thats probably what helped Michael the boss was able to come to some arrangement and keep Michael safe and away from the authorities and buy him some time.

We are very grateful for the way they dealt with it and I just wish Michael had done the sensible thing and spoken to the boss first before getting out of the country I am sure speaking to him it was not necessary, Michael just literally panicked which I suppose is understandable.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh Lynne, thank goodness for that. They are all problems which can be sorted. The fact that he is safe and sound is the best news ever. Take a deep breath and take it easy. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Oh Lynne, thank goodness for that. They are all problems which can be sorted. The fact that he is safe and sound is the best news ever. Take a deep breath and take it easy. xx
Thank you I am beginning to relax a little now.

I am hoping Gorden will be able too he went into work late as he was getting ready to sort out reporting him missing then Michael e-mailed us and his friend out of the blue and his boss.

The relief was tremendous but Gorden is now cross with him for getting into a muddle. I don't think the worry over him helped.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I always thought that when my children grew up and became adults I wouldn't have to worry anymore....... wrong! it strikes me they are more trouble now than when they were younger. At least I knew where they were then and what they were up to! lol
Having said that, great news that he is alive and well. Most things can be fixed, once faced, one way or another.
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »