View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 04:38 PM
So sorry to hear the outcome. I wish you and your grandson all the best for the future x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 05:47 PM
So sorry to hear the outcome xxx

The course I am on has included some Kin-ship carers, one of which is just going through court at the moment to get custody of her grandson, she was telling me how stressful it has all been as her daughter is also refusing to let Social Workers to allow access yet he too is in foster care and not seen his Mom for about 6 months (as she says she is too ill to make the contacts)

So many people are going through similar things as you have....its all wrong

Best wishes for you and your idea of a memory box is a wonderful idea
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
So sorry to hear the outcome xxx

The course I am on has included some Kin-ship carers, one of which is just going through court at the moment to get custody of her grandson, she was telling me how stressful it has all been as her daughter is also refusing to let Social Workers to allow access yet he too is in foster care and not seen his Mom for about 6 months (as she says she is too ill to make the contacts)

So many people are going through similar things as you have....its all wrong

Best wishes for you and your idea of a memory box is a wonderful idea
when i was in the court my *cough* daughter was in a panic because she thought i was in there for all of the proceedings. and the solicitor for the guardian let it slip that she hadnt turned up for the last 2 meetins she had with my GS. and when we was in the waiting room she was on at my daughters solicitor for an address for lisa . as she hadnt notified them when she was. what if my GS had been seriously ill??? i found it strange that i had got a couple of phone-calls from the contact centre where my GS went. also a call from his SW. she had also changed her number and not told anyone. what winds me up is shes the 1 who had lost 3 kids before to the adoption process. luckily they all went together to a well to do family. and another daughter who lives with her dad,
so a disposable family. seems like she cant cope with them after they get to a certain age. she should of stuck to dollys. mind u thinking back she couldnt look after them when she was young.
but thanx again for *listening* to me.
lynn just a thought. i was told about a contact list. where u can register your interest in getting in touch with your birth family. and if anyone from your birth family has also registered u can then get in touch with them.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 07:17 PM
i got a call tonight. got an appointment with a councillor next tuesday afternoon. assesment.
be nice just to un-load and talk to some-one.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I hope it will help Cathy, when you said above you're not allowed any contact I assume that means no cards on birthdays and Christmas, that blows my idea out the water then.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Hugs Cathy, hope it helps honey xxxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I hope it will help Cathy, when you said above you're not allowed any contact I assume that means no cards on birthdays and Christmas, that blows my idea out the water then.
not a thing. nothing,
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4