Female 

11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Best of luck for today.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 10:32 AM
good luck hun!

I could never give up my child for adoption....and it must be so diffiuclt for you being at the whim of others....

I hope the adoptive parents let you have contact

Alex
xxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:49 PM
the court has decided that because i havnt had contact with my grandson for almost a year it wouldnt do him any good for me to see him. the fact that i have tried to see him but it was my ex daughter who kept saying no i couldnt. so guess who i blame for it.
im seeing my solicitor next week, im drafting a letter saying that i no longer wish to have anything to to do with my ex daughter ever again. when i was waiting for it to start she turned up with her pregnant sister, about 5 mths id say. also MY EX HUSBAND !!!! he is not her father, in fact she accused him of battering her on many occasions. also her younger sister said he mentally abused her. and there they where all playing happy families. i felt very intimidated by them all.
well she got what she wanted. so my contact with her is over now. so a letter to that effect. we went through hell a year ago, abusive phone calls, letters. basically if they approach either myself or my husband. our property or our friends, i will have them arrested for harassment.
im going to start a memory box for my grandson so hopefully when hes old enough he can have it if he wants to be in touch with his birth family,
theres a contact list i can go on. ill also put my other grandkids names on. im really tired so im going off for the night. but manay thanx for your thoughts n wishes.xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
it wouldnt do him any good for me to see him.
I'm so sorry it wasn't the outcome you had hoped for, but try to take some solace in that the court have been looking at face to face contact.

Perhaps you could consider writing a card on every birthday and Christmas. Send it to Social Services and ask them to pass it to the adoptive parents for them to decide if and when he might read them.

Each year the birthday card will progress by one and each Christmas you could write that although you've not been able to see him you do think of him.

Initially Social Services and probably the adoptive parents will just think this is a one or two year fad, but if you keep doing it every year, year in year out, it will make the other parties, especially the adoptive parents, think and one day you might get a phone call out of the blue.

Just an idea offered in the hope it helps, probably doesn't help much but at least it's a form of communication.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
So sorry, Cathy xxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Really sorry .....was really hoping for some good news.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm so sorry, I really feel for you.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 01:03 AM
So sorry to hear that, your daughter sounds like a piece of work
I think it is a lovely idea of keeping a box of things for them xxxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 12:59 PM
im not allowed any contact at all. so im going to do my own life box for him.
also made an appointment for my doctors get him to chase up my councillor appointment.
so now got to start the rest of my life again. get it back on track.
but many thanx for your thoughts and good wishes.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2010, 03:42 PM
So sorry Cath.

I was adopted very young a baby in fact. From my point of view the box for him when he is older will be lovely I wish I had something. It never bothered me till I was 40 then for some unknown reason I needed to know things my adoption was very complicated and would not be allowed now. I did find out my mothers name she is probably dead now but I do not have a clue who my biological father was that sometimes bothers me but then I remember I had a great dad.

Your Grandson will appreciate the box when he is old enough and will be more than pleased to know of you and meet you maybe. Hold that in your thoughts.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >