Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 08:48 PM

In court Monday. (Access grandson)

hopefully it should be the last time. im hoping for a 2 hour final contact visit with my grandson. hes due to go up for adoption shortly. and my daughter was stopping me (big argument ongoing)
so ive had all the social worker visits made statements. supplied photos to prove ive had on-going contact with him.
and its a case of see what the magistrates decide monday.
im taking a friend with me as i know im going to need support. my daughter will be there, and im not looking forward to being in the same room as her. shes a class act with the comments. and im gonna have to *suck it all up* and not bite back.
just fingers crossed for me 10-30 monday morning.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Good Luck........

I'll be thinking of you x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 10:58 PM
All the best...can't imagine being in that scenario....it must be incredibly difficult.Have they done a memory book for him so that you can be included in it when he goes? Massive hugs.....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 03:49 AM
All the best wishes to you from us. We foster as you know and have been down this road with a boy we had, I really feel for you and I hope it is for the best for everyone concerned. Us carers can only make the transition easier for the child, but it doesn't mean we don't feel for the grandparents especially when we know that they really do care and love the child.
Its horrible when the family divide as in your case one day he may well come looking for you I hope so xxxx

My heart goes out to you and I pray that you get your time together it will be a very emotional time for you.....make sure you have a shoulder to cry on afterwards and if you need a friend, just call me.
Put loads in his memory box xxxxxxxxxx

All the best hun xxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Oh Cathy, I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling, especially as your grandson goes up for adoption. Would the adoptive parents support your seeing him ?

Big hugs for Monday honey - take Steph's advice - it's totally sound and from the heart....

x0x0x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2010, 07:39 AM
(((Hugs))) Cath. I hope it all works out well and you do not have to take to much cr*p from your daughter.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Good luck, I hope it goes well.

Although not quite the same, I remember my parents being in and out of court fighting for custody over me and my brother. Was hellish.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 09:00 AM
I wish you and your grandson the very best of luck. I don't knwo how things work where you are but I do know that in Birmingham (unless it's changed recently) Social Services do try to help maintain some sort of contact between family members. Whether that be a twice yearly visit ont he park or whether letter can be sent etc.

I'm sure it's not the last time you'll see your grandson and I can't see the magistrates saying no.

As Steph said, make sure you put a memory box together for him. Take lots of photos etc and send letters to social services (who should pass them on for you).

Make sure that you request that they start a memory/contact book so that when he's 18, your grandson will have some idea of who you are shoudl he choose to come and see you.

I can't imagine what you're going through and wish you and your grandson the very best of luck, now and in the future.

Laura xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Big hugs to you. This must be such a difficult time for you. Take care and good luck for monday. xx
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Fingers crossed for you
xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >