Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Honestly CC this man is not good. I really liked him and do still agree with some of teh things he says and does but he is very much a heavy handed bully. The TV programs are very misleading aswell. Take this link below. The dog displays fear aggression aswell as "guarding" its owners, where it is not fearful. We are LED to believe all this training takes a very short space of time, however watch the clip. All through it the dog is wearing a prong collar, amazingly at 2.42 the prong collar has dissappeared! Just how long was this actually taking for this dog?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ru7...eature=channel

Im an opinionated bossy cow, and I have to admit that the threads on here changed my opinion of CM.

Ramble.
Just what did I change your opinion on????
I said nearly...I am sure I said nearly....
You and your terriers have had quite an impact on me the aging veggie hippy!!!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2009, 07:39 PM
ive never said understanding a dogs mind is reading a book.
ive always said its a combination of the practical and the theoretical: hands on experience working with dogs, workshops, plus study - which includes forums, books, seminars, studying, courses, degrees, etc, etc.

knowledge, experience, and information.

same for any topic or skill really, natch.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I said nearly...I am sure I said nearly....
You and your terriers have had quite an impact on me the aging veggie hippy!!!
Hey there is time yet!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Right, firstly, I may not have got the whole thing. It was literally seconds and then the clip ended. We have trouble with Youtube, so if I missed some of the clip then I can't comment.

The bit I saw was CM not HITTING as in violent to hurt but pushing the dog away with his hand. It's much like the kick argument. A kick or a tap with the foot type thing.

I am assuming that the owners of the dog had issues with the dog attacking their chickens (assuming, don't know) so CM was doing what he does. The dog wasn't strung up or choked but now he's "hitting" - I swear if the man kissed a dog, you'd be saying he assaulted the dog with his lips

Honestly, I'm gonna dip out this thread. It's pointless because it's going nowhere. I'll check back and if things ever do move on (won't hold my breath), then I'll gladly come back in but I'm not going to go over the same old thing. It's a waste of my time.
You are joking right????
That is a hit..and for what???? For LOOKING at a chicken? Oh please.
Why not teach a leave command??? Ooo with a clicker.
Cosmo knows when I say leave he should not only drop whatever he has...if he is eying something up he should look away from it. How did I teach it? Did I smack him one everytime he looked at something I didn't want him to and make some bizarre noise? Nope. I got a clicker and a treat out and took it from there.

Not a hit??? Are you for real CC?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm not twisting anything! That's not the way I work. I say it how it is and that's that!

And it's not "everyone" just some
No-one has said you don't understand dog becasue you have not read books.

People are confused as you do not seem to be able to see the dogs exhibiting recognised stress signals.

The reason people pick up on the negatives of this programme are simply because that is what makes it different from others. If it was simply a programme that displayed what could happen if you remained calm with you dog, rewarded the good behaviour, gave it a good exercise and conisitant handling - people would be singing his praises.
Sadly that would not make good TV.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Hey there is time yet!!
yep!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
No-one has said you don't understand dog becasue you have not read books.

People are confused as you do not seem to be able to see the dogs exhibiting recognised stress signals.

The reason people pick up on the negatives of this programme are simply because that is what makes it different from others. If it was simply a programme that displayed what could happen if you remained calm with you dog, rewarded the good behaviour, gave it a good exercise and conisitant handling - people would be singing his praises.
Sadly that would not make good TV.
Exactly. Good diet...great advice. Regular exercise...great advice...training and consistency...great advice. Smacking, poking, kicking, using prong collars/ecollars/choke chains....is bullying, cruel and just not on.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:47 PM
You are joking right????
That is a hit..and for what???? For LOOKING at a chicken? Oh please.
Why not teach a leave command??? Ooo with a clicker.
Cosmo knows when I say leave he should not only drop whatever he has...if he is eying something up he should look away from it. How did I teach it? Did I smack him one everytime he looked at something I didn't want him to and make some bizarre noise? Nope. I got a clicker and a treat out and took it from there.

Not a hit??? Are you for real CC?
Yep, I'm for real
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Yep, I'm for real
Gosh. You think that was okay for him to do? Why did it merit that amount of force...infact,why did he have to touch the dog to stop it looking at the chicken?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Exactly. Good diet...great advice. Regular exercise...great advice...training and consistency...great advice. Smacking, poking, kicking, using prong collars/ecollars/choke chains....is bullying, cruel and just not on.
And that's what CM tells every owner to do with every dog is it????? Not to mention that anyone who follows CM is a bully!!!!

Honestly, I've listened to enough. You simplify everything to discredit CM - your right to do so - but my right not to listen - I'm off.....................
Page 55 of 125 « First < 5 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 65 105 > Last »