Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2008, 11:30 PM

Great Day Out Today

I've had a really great time today starting off with a fun dog show organised by Gracehounds , a recently formed charity who rehome retired racing greyhounds and lurchers. Apart from a heavy shower at the start of the show , the weather was great, it stayed sunny and warm all day. The show was fairly well attended , with around 30 - 40 dogs there. Pretty good for the charity's first show. It's going to be an annual event so watch out for next years dates in the Companion Dog Shows / Members Section. Missy had loads of admirers , most commenting on how gorgeous they thought she was and how well she behaves , especially around other dogs. Gracehounds also hold a monthly " Agility Sunday " on the last Sunday of every month. It is just for fun and Missy and I have been invited to go along . Of the three classes we did today , Missy was 3rd in the Prettiest Pooch , I'm going to post a thread about the show on the Companion Dog Shows section , with photos .
After the show , as the weather was still nice I decided to take Missy for a walk around Vogrie Country Park. She really enjoyed that , especially when she found a huge stick . Thread with photos will be posted on Dog Walks .
We were out for about 6 hours in total today and Missy is now snoring her wee head off .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Sounds like a fantastic day, Suzanne.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Sounds like you had a great day. Well done on Missy's rossette (saw the pics in the other thread, but not sure whether I'm supposed to comment on that thread) - she looks very proud and so she should.

It also sounds like your back must be coming along nicely to have been out and about like that (I do hope so anyway)
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Thankyou .
Yes , my back is getting better slowly but surely . It does still tend to ache more after a long day out , like on Sunday , but I expected that. Thing is , if I don't go out it won't get better. I just have to be careful and not overdo things. I'll be getting out and about as much as I can now , some shows and lots of walks.
Here's a pic of Missy with her rosette .
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 07:39 AM
What a lovely day out - congrats to Missy on her rosette