Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
charliegirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Large breed puppy food

Hi all Just changed my 19 week old pup to burns canine extra but it does concern me it doesnt contain glucosamine and msm like most large breed puppy food. Is it actually needed or is the food ok? thanks
mandymm
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Yes, I believe that Glucosamine is quite important for large breed puppies. As is the fat and calorie content. Mustn't be too high. Large breeds need very specific calorie intakes. My current brand, Sunshine Farms has a good large breed puppy formula. I currently use the Adult grain free Formula. My dog's coat has never been better. Good luck and remember to look at the package ingredients very carefully.

Mandy
pippa01
New Member!
Male 

07-09-2012, 04:41 PM
You might want to switch to BARF diet. This is perfectly good for large breed dogs like Saint Bernard.

Mainly, raw feeding your dog will allow you to determine the quality of dog foods that are going into your dog’s stomach and also prevent your dogs from consuming the preservatives, fillers and additives that consist in the commercial dog food.

Raw feeding your dog provides a wider range of benefits compare to commercial dog diets. You will discover that by raw feeding your dog, there will be no doggy odour, bad breath issue or gum disease! As, raw feeding will help to clean your dog teeth. Raw meaty bones help to clean dog teeth. By chewing raw food (bones) it will permit dog stomach adequate time to get the acids moving and ready for incoming food mass. Besides that, chewing bones will help to extend the eating process and reduce the possibility of your dog over eat issue! Bones chewing will also work and develop your dog neck and jaw muscle. The ripping and chewing that involved in raw meaty bones will assist the development of jaw, neck and shoulder muscles of your dog. And there are no commercial dog foods that will help in this type of muscles development.