Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

A really good frost on the ground, it looks white out there, which means I'm in for a nice walk, with no muddy doglet to hose off on our return, which is good, because I gave Zena a really good grooming last night, did her nails and cut her tatty paws, so she's a smart girlie this morning and it would be really nice to keep her this way for at least a day

Hope you had a good night there with Sal, Kazz, and good luck at the vets with her check up, hope all goes well. Thank goodness that awful journey for you Chris is over, now that they've moved Gary to the hospital you wanted, and today I think you're meeting up with the doc to get your answers so good luck with that.

I'm staying indoors today, and hopefully, I might get something done, but you never know with Zena Sometimes she's good as gold and just lays somewhere watching me and at other times, well, you'd think you were nannying a puppy again Wouldn't change her for the world though, she's such a time waster that dog!!

Had a lovely couple of chats with old friends on the phone last night catching up, but it does wear me out when they're on the phone for almost an hour each time, especially when I wanted a shower and something to eat, but hey ho, it doesn't happen often.

I think we're in for a glorious sunny day down south, hope you are too, so enjoy the day
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Morning H and everyone

WE HAVE SNOW!!! Kids very excited . I don't think it will stay for long and I hope not because we need to get to school safely, work, parents, shops etc. Having said that, there seems to be a little more falling. Loki will love it!

The children are now fighting over the Advent calendars so I'd better go.

I hope you enjoyed your chats Helen - it is time consuming but nice they are keeping in touch.

Big hugs to everyone with illness - dogs and people.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Morning Helena and all who follow,

I've woken up to a thin layer of snow and it is snowing now I believe from the forecast that this will stop and we will have a sunny day later. I'm due to leave to go and visit my Mum but it is so slippery out at the moment I'll have to wait for while. The dogs went crazy as soon as their feet hit the grass ...... I could watch them all day playing in the snow ..... apart from the cold

I recorded the minutes last night and as per normal hardly anyone told us their name (or house) and they all seem to talk at once .... marvellous I'll be unscrambling them later today.

Helena, I hope you have a nice indoor day today and Zena is a good girl, helps you with your jobs and keeps you company.

I hope that Gary continues to improve and that Sal also is feeling a lot better today and that everyone keeps safe.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Sorry LS I didn't mean to ignore you, you must have posted while I was typing. Anyway, enjoy your day.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 07:59 AM
all sounds so pretty,, think I glimpsed snow atop the further mountain and will see imminently as I am set for a day out ...

Checked roadwatch and seems OK, amaxingly after last night.

Have a lovely day everyone,, Blessings and peace
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Morning H and all,
We have a lot of the white stuff here, I would say about an inch. As usual no gritting has been done on the roads and as I walked a reluctant Lily this morning I saw numerous cars losing it (even though crawling along), and skidding sidewards. I am not looking forward to attempting my journey soon to go cleaning an elderly gentlemans house, especially as he lives at the top of a steep hill.
Please stay safe everyone the roads really are treacherous.
Kazz i hope Sal and you had a good night.
I will be off to the vets this afternoon taking Kyiro for another check and bandage change.
Have a good day everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning H and everyone

WE HAVE SNOW!!! Kids very excited . I don't think it will stay for long and I hope not because we need to get to school safely, work, parents, shops etc. Having said that, there seems to be a little more falling. Loki will love it!

The children are now fighting over the Advent calendars so I'd better go.

I hope you enjoyed your chats Helen - it is time consuming but nice they are keeping in touch.

Big hugs to everyone with illness - dogs and people.
Morning Linda Lol at those children of yours, imagine what it's going to be like nearer Christmas, get yourself prepared Linda I wish we had snow

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Helena and all who follow,

I've woken up to a thin layer of snow and it is snowing now I believe from the forecast that this will stop and we will have a sunny day later. I'm due to leave to go and visit my Mum but it is so slippery out at the moment I'll have to wait for while. The dogs went crazy as soon as their feet hit the grass ...... I could watch them all day playing in the snow ..... apart from the cold

I recorded the minutes last night and as per normal hardly anyone told us their name (or house) and they all seem to talk at once .... marvellous I'll be unscrambling them later today.

Helena, I hope you have a nice indoor day today and Zena is a good girl, helps you with your jobs and keeps you company.

I hope that Gary continues to improve and that Sal also is feeling a lot better today and that everyone keeps safe.
Morning Jenny You've got it too, now I do feel left out! It's great watching the dogs charging around in fresh snow isn't it, they seem to love it I know what you mean about that meeting, I went to ours back in July, although I didn't take the minutes, but I could have done cos I do shorthand although a tad rusty now! Hope you manage to get out later Jenny to visit your mum.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Morning H and all

Please don't mention the S word, Surrey is far too close for my liking!

My leads arrived yesterday, excellent service and the lovely man has offered to repair my broken lead too, might take him up on that as it is a lovely lead, 6ft long. I just have to break in the new leads now, they need to supple up.

Piles of washing to do today and of course dogs to walk!

Hope everyone has a good day today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

Now this is a warning to keep well away from me as I think Sally's magic bottle has had its revenge as I not just have the sneezles but the explosive sneezles [known here as the upcheez], not helped by getting cotched in the rain when going to vote yesterday. I think that Comrade Chestikoff is also trying to pay a visit so I think I had better put myself in exi.... ooops I mean quarantine.

And the light-bulb in my refrigerator has just blown - the first time ever one has dared do such a thing.

Bah Humbug and all that jazz!

Have a good day peeps, keep safe and warm.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 09:14 AM
We have rain, well theres a surprise
Actually the sun is shining at the moment lets hope it stays that way, I got wet enough yesterday
I'm going to spend today wrapping presents it helps focus the mind as to what else has to be done.

I hope you all have a good day and that all the poorly people and dogs feel better.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »