Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maharet
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:21 PM
hi jenny/bluefawn
the dogs are lovely..... i recognised a few of them....

hows Denver doing? is denver a Tamaskan?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:28 PM
What are the wolfy looking dogs you mention? Exactly which breeds went into these dogs?

Please can you answer my question about genetic disorders?

I have a picture, sent to me by your mum, of one of the dogs you have displayed in your write-up. Your mum told me that this was Banjo, a Utonagan and Loki's brother. So are your Tamaskan dogs, or some of them, what you used to breed as Utonagan?

You say you only own one 'Tamaskan' dog but I thought yesterday you said you owned the 'Tamaskan Devil Dog' which I recognised as Paloose, and the 3 month old Jackal?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Given that this is a 'new and rare breed' and not KC registered, does your registry, or the 'Tamaskan Society' have a through-life interest/support policy in the dogs you breed? E.g. if a dog develops health problems or if the owner needs help and advice, do the registry and society offer these for the life of the dog,

If the breed name is changed by yourselves for whatever reason, does the new registry/society still retain an interest in and support owners and dogs registered in the old name?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
does your registry, or the 'Tamaskan Society' have a through-life interest/support policy in the dogs you breed? E.g. if a dog develops health problems or if the owner needs help and advice, do the registry and society offer these for the life of the dog
Likewise with the Utonagan you were breeding and involved with up until last week, will they still receive life time support / interest etc...

For instance if one of them needed re-homing or an owner needed help and advise regarding health issues, or will that interest and responsibility diminish as quick as the Tamaskan replaced your Utonagan?
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Could you also please let us know what has happened to your other dogs e.g Silka, Kyte etc. Are these tamaskan dogs now aswell?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I've looked at the registry and the pictorial standard for the TAMASKAN DOG - would you kindly explain to me why you are using a picture of my dog's tail to show undesirable fur length on a TAMASKAN DOG when my dog is called a UTONAGAN?????? And why did you not ask for my permission before doing so?
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
I've looked at the registry and the pictorial standard for the TAMASKAN DOG - would you kindly explain to me why you are using a picture of my dog's tail to show undesirable fur length on a TAMASKAN DOG when my dog is called a UTONAGAN?????? And why did you not ask for my permission before doing so?
Thats awful!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Your not doing yourself any favours blufawn.
Tuuli
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2006, 07:22 PM
I have a few questions:

When does a mix between a Czech Wolfdog and a Siberian husky become another breed? (I know the breeder of the dogs in the pictures and know their pedigree in detail)

How does a mix between two extreme working dogs become a pet dog?

Why did you invent a breed originating from Finland? You are not Finnish.

As some of these Tamaskans are dogs previously know as utonagan and some are Czech x Siberian, how is it possible to call them all Tamaskan dogs?

How is a mix between CsV and Siberian NOT a wolfdog and not contain wolf when a CsV standard says their wolf content is about 25-30%? DEFRA has a clear opinion about the CsV & Saarloos.
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2006, 08:40 PM
if you were to cross one of your dogs with another breed, would you call it a x, or a tamaskan??????
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >