View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 10:18 AM
I can't understand how at 7am this morning you owned 7 and now you only own 1??
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Excuse my ignorance here, since I moved back to Europe Ive seen a lot of breeds that Ive never heard of before. Im a little confused if there is 'wolf' bred into these dogs (nice looking dogs BTW) and if so, what are the regulations on giving them a Rabies vaccine?

Reason Im asking is in US there has been controversy over this for years, the last I heard they were still doing studies but generally any wolves in captivity or any wolf hybrids/half wolf (not including those were wolf was bred in 'X' amount of generations back with additional breeds added since then) could not be vaccinated against rabies. There was a wolf rescue/sanctuary near where I lived and I talked to the woman who ran it a few times about this, she was more clued up about regulations than the vets were so whenever we had a client come in asking for a rabies vaccine for their 'wolf mix' we would talk to her for an update....but that was about 2-3 years ago though.

Thanks. (I looked on line for this info but couldnt find anything definate)
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by blufawn
We never meantioned anything about adding Czech into our Tamaksan and also Czech wolfdogs are legal in plenty of places across UK, its down to the individual council wheather they require a licence.
well indeed...It's plain to see you have not really mentioned what has gone into the making of the Tamaskan at all...But Czech Wolf dog and Husky amongst others are one possibility I have personally heard hence my question.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by abbie

I was just thinking the same.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
When did breeding of the Tamaskan begin.

who started the breeding programe?

It sounds to me as if the Tamaskan was already a new project and then you have gotten involved, adding what you bred as Utonagans in to the mix?

BRIEF HISTORICAL SUMMARY:

The Tamaskan dog originated from imported sled type dogs from USA many years ago. These dogs were later mixed with Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute and German Shepherd
Utonagan up to this point?

More recently other wolf looking sled type dogs have been integrated to improve bloodlines.
The question everyone keeps asking...What exactly?

Do you not see how it is confusing for people who could have looked at what is now the Tamaskan website but up until last week was all about your Utonagan breeding?

What has happened to all the dogs you owned that were called Utonagan's? Did you just get rid of them or has their title simply been changed to Tamaskan over night?
blufawn
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by abbie
I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I own only one Tamaskan, but my mother owns 6, very confusing yes.......
Like I said I don't know too much about the breed it would be wrong of me to go into detail of exactly what is in the Tamaskans because I honestly don't know. Why don't you contact the register and ask??? I'm sure they will be able to tell you everything you need........
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I own only one Tamaskan, but my mother owns 6, very confusing yes.......
Like I said I don't know too much about the breed it would be wrong of me to go into detail of exactly what is in the Tamaskans because I honestly don't know. Why don't you contact the register and ask??? I'm sure they will be able to tell you everything you need........
Your not an expert, yet you submitted a breed profile here and you and your mother run the website http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/ promoting the breed?...

Would it not be better to actually know about the dogs first before making such a public stand?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
We own 7 Tamaskan and we also know other people who own them and the temperament and characteristics are all very similar to each other. Therefore we feel it is safe to say we know the temperament of the dogs we own...
So 7 dogs and a handfull of other dogs that you know of are enough to write a standard for the temprement of these dogs?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 12:09 PM
I have no doubt the Tamaskan may well be a gorgeous type of dog and who knows how successful in the future...

But surely the breedings are very experimental at this stage and stability should be reached until you are out promoting the dogs to the public??
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2006, 12:16 PM
are the dogs unsociable with each other? From the information on the website it would seem they were a social animal, so why are they all chained up????

My dog is far from sociable, but I don't have to chain her up, seems there must be some reason.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >