View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I've judged Border Collies, Bearded Collies & GSDs at Open shows & I also judge Obedience at Championship & Open Shows upto & including Test B.

I don't particularly enjoying doing breed as I do very competitive breeds & your every move is watched.

Now Obedience I really like judging, in fact I judge quite a lot & it's nice to see dogs that I have placed go up the classes until they reach Test C only status & some qualify to work the Ticket(Obedience Championship classes)

I started judging with Obedience back in 1974
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I judge obedience, i dont really like it, but you have to put back into a sport if you want it to grow & i pride myself on being a good judge. I havent yet judged a C class though plan too maybe think about it for 2010 if the Right show came up
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post

I started judging with Obedience back in 1974

I was minus one then!!!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I was minus one then!!!!!!
LOLOL My first BC & I won out of Beginners on Good Friday 1971 !! The next day she won out of Novice

When you were -3 LOLOLOLOL
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Ohh I never realized how many judges we had, I bet between you all you will have some fascinating stories to tell.

I'd love to pick all your brains to learn from you all!!

Obedience judging, totally forgot about that Wow, that's a long time to have judged JodeeUK! I was born in 1971!

Got me thinking now, wonder if anyone judges Agility?
muppytoes
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Have judged Irish Setters several times at open shows but the last time was a few years ago now as i kept making the same mistake each time i judged i put the dog up and not the owner. I had a really good entry each time in fact my lowest was 32 in four classes my highest 61 in 5 clsses which was my last one but i heard a rumour that certain people in Irish didn't want me to judge any more as i didn't play the game but I don't know for certain perhaps i was just no good. Anyway i still judge companion shows and i love it - my last entry was 131 in the four pedigree classes which i thought was quite good (oh no bragging again) sorry i'll shut up now.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 02:20 PM
I started judging GSD's in the early 60's & have judged at limit & open level but not CC's as when I was in my prime you had to have won CC's yourself before you could judge at Championship shows with tickets & then when the rules changed & I was chasing more breed shows to qualify I became disabled & had to stop judging, as I can't walk unaided. Have only judged other breeds at limited shows (working/pastoral only),& at exemption/companion shows where I've judged the breed section & also obedience classes. I have also more recently judged dogs taking their silver & bromze good citizen's tests & enjoyed that greatly.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2