View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
If any of my bitches had looked like that after being spayed I'd have changed my Vet. Even the ones who had to be done because of pyometras were not that long, and one Vet managed with a hole less that 2in., although we now live on opposite sides of the country we are still good friends, a Vet for whom I have the utmost respect. Logoes
Chickadeedeedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2006, 02:49 AM
Hi. I just got to read your threads about this spay.

Poor Zuki! Poor you!

It looks to me like her skin was bleeding and who ever was doing the surgery placed hemostats / clamps on her skin to stop the bleeding rather than tie off the little blood vessels or use a cautery. The first posted pictures even look like there are ridges imprinted in the skin.

Crushing the tissue kills part of it and severely bruises it making it harder to heal the incision. The area gets swollen and gaps form and there is some fluid leaking from the injured tissue. The tissue itself needs to heal before it can close the gap.

I hope she is well on the mend. Please do find another vet!

Lydia
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Poor Zuki I hope she's feeling better now x
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Hope looking better today. Could use aloe vera gel to help with healing.

D xxxx
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi Donna, it's been a few days since you had zuki back at the vet so I hope things are improving for you.
Just remembered I had this pic of Moll when she was done, something for you to compare to when you go back to the vet to complain maybe.

this was taken the same day as the op was done and seems a much cleaner job to me.
Hope this is a help.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5