Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 01:21 AM

Neuralgia

Has anyone ever had neuralgia? How do you cope with it? This is my 5th day with it & i feel at end of my tether. I just dont feel i can cope with it, nothing is lifting the constant severe pain which is like violent electric shocks. I cant get a GP appointment until next week - is there anyone else takes it - how do you cope? Ive never had it last this long before. Its just taking me right down
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Oh Helen, that's just awful.

Can't you insist on an emergency appointment at the docs? My doc will see you if you're willing to wait until the end of surgery. If they refuse, ask them for a home visit.

Hugs chick, it sounds ghastly.....

x0x
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Ive had it most my life all around my face, its horrible isnt it they think that when my jaw was moved by my braces it did something to the nerves in my head and neck

I am yet to find anything that really helps, have had a couple of acupuncture sessions but they didnt do much, painkillers dont touch it. Sometimes a hot compress eases it for a while

Sorry i cant offer more advice
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 02:10 PM
I was going to say are you sure its nowt to do with your teeth ? i used to suffer terrible neuralgia when i had problems with my wisdom teeth, which i ended up having to have removed before they'd even erupted from the gums.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Said to OH about this thread earlier, and made a comment about how Ive been okay for a while

My god it is back with avengance this afternoon Im going back to curl up in my bed till my new client consult at half 6, no idea how im going to get through an hour of puppy cuddles and talking

Are you feeling better this evening VB?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Said to OH about this thread earlier, and made a comment about how Ive been okay for a while

My god it is back with avengance this afternoon Im going back to curl up in my bed till my new client consult at half 6, no idea how im going to get through an hour of puppy cuddles and talking

Are you feeling better this evening VB?
How are you?

Spoke to doc on phone this afternoon, didn't cancel my appointment for next week. He is going to leave me out a prescription for stronger painkillers & anti inflammatories.

You are so right, all you want do is curl up into a ball. I took two painkillers within 20 mins of each other earlier, unheard of as they go for my stomach but sometimes, needs must, had no choice as it was building up again.

Where do you get the pain? It leaves you utterly drained. Looked at myself in mirror earlier & wished hadn't Looked washed out & drained

Did you see your new client or cancel?
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
How are you?

Spoke to doc on phone this afternoon, didn't cancel my appointment for next week. He is going to leave me out a prescription for stronger painkillers & anti inflammatories.

You are so right, all you want do is curl up into a ball. I took two painkillers within 20 mins of each other earlier, unheard of as they go for my stomach but sometimes, needs must, had no choice as it was building up again.

Where do you get the pain? It leaves you utterly drained. Looked at myself in mirror earlier & wished hadn't Looked washed out & drained

Did you see your new client or cancel?
I dont find painkillers any help at all I get it from my cheek to my ear, from the back of my eye to my neck and across the front of my head like its behind my skull? Sometimes get it across my stomach and shoulder. Its mainly my face though.

I did go and see my client as Ive got my first walk with pup tomorrow so had to get the key but had to sit down on the floor before I fainted

Im shattered, and pissed at the OH now as he is still not home and I still havent had dinner. All I want to do is sleep while its not bad. Ive found being out in the cold makes it worse or can even bring it on.

Where do you get it?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I was going to say are you sure its nowt to do with your teeth ? i used to suffer terrible neuralgia when i had problems with my wisdom teeth, which i ended up having to have removed before they'd even erupted from the gums.
I do need teeth out, one is a wisdom but it's never given problems, it's lying on it's side. Problem is I care for a elderly very dependant relative & daren't be out of action which I may very well be after two teeth & wisdom tooth extraction in one day. Having said that the neuralgia is pretty debilitating too. Problem is when you are sole carer you have to be available 24 x7.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
I dont find painkillers any help at all I get it from my cheek to my ear, from the back of my eye to my neck and across the front of my head like its behind my skull? Sometimes get it across my stomach and shoulder. Its mainly my face though.

I did go and see my client as Ive got my first walk with pup tomorrow so had to get the key but had to sit down on the floor before I fainted

Im shattered, and pissed at the OH now as he is still not home and I still havent had dinner. All I want to do is sleep while its not bad. Ive found being out in the cold makes it worse or can even bring it on.

Where do you get it?
Yours sounds worse than mine

It starts at my outer ear, electric shock stabbing, then it does same back of my scalp, spreads up & down scalp on one side & sore to touch, swallow, turn etc, last night got a burning sensation in scalp which I had never had before - pain was constant - no let up, doing it again this afternoon. Usually it's the ear or scalp but last night & today both were "shocking" together. Intensity of the pain has been out of this world, actually found myself trembling. This is so not me. I can & do cope. Rather have migraine anyway than this, slightest thing sets it off
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Yours sounds worse than mine

It starts at my outer ear, electric shock stabbing, then it does same back of my scalp, spreads up & down scalp on one side & sore to touch, swallow, turn etc, last night got a burning sensation in scalp which I had never had before - pain was constant - no let up, doing it again this afternoon. Usually it's the ear or scalp but last night & today both were "shocking" together. Intensity of the pain has been out of this world, actually found myself trembling. This is so not me. I can & do cope. Rather have migraine anyway than this, slightest thing sets it off
Its horrid isnt it Mine has made me faint before now, just from the shear pain! and i end up in tears everytime. I think because it just comes from nowhere and bam! straight with stabbing pains is why it feels worse, if it built up i dont think it would be half as bad!

I hope the painkillers do the trick for you, only thing that touches it is diazapam(sp) but then it makes me sick
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >