Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Well I've done it...

well this morning i ended things with the OH...

i explained to him that i need some time to decide what i want to do with my life, and what i want out of it, which i cant do if hes about because he influences everything i do.

i told him i just need some space to sort my head out, be on my own, and not have to worry about him and what he wants from me too.

i wrote it all down for him, which you may think cowardly. but i find it hard to talk to him about important things, so wrote it all down so he knows how i feel, without him interupting me.

i have yet to hear off him, but im sure it wont be long. i just hope he isnt mad or turns horrible, because i truly need this time just to be me, and sort out the jumble that is my head at the minute.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Chloe i dont know the full situation just wanted to send a hug xx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
Chloe i dont know the full situation just wanted to send a hug xx
thanks x full situation is its been coming for a while, ive been dithering, not particularly happy, and think its about time i made myself happy a bit, and decide what i want to do, instead of acting like im still 16.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
thanks x full situation is its been coming for a while, ive been dithering, not particularly happy, and think its about time i made myself happy a bit, and decide what i want to do, instead of acting like im still 16.
Well done, its always difficult to take that step away and into the unknown but if you werent happy then you are making the right decision. Take care. X
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I think you were right to write it in a letter, that way you can make sure he understands exactly how you are feeling and why, without him interrupting and you not getting your message across properly. He will probably try to change your mind so hope you don't change your mind due to emotional blackmail.good luck in sorting everything out. Its always upsetting when a relationship ends even if your the one ending it.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Well done you, its so difficult to get out of a rutt you get comfy in, even if its the wrong situation to be in. Fingers crossed he gives you the space you need to get your head straight and that he understands.

We're all here if you need anything xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Good for you, now please do not go and spoil it by backing down if he crooks his little finger at you. You know you deserve far better! xx
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Well to be blunt........................about blummin time

You deserve much better and you will do

Oh and I wrote a letter when I ended my marriage, not cowardly at all, just easier to write your feelings down.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
I think you were right to write it in a letter, that way you can make sure he understands exactly how you are feeling and why, without him interrupting and you not getting your message across properly. He will probably try to change your mind so hope you don't change your mind due to emotional blackmail.good luck in sorting everything out. Its always upsetting when a relationship ends even if your the one ending it.
thank you.

Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Well done you, its so difficult to get out of a rutt you get comfy in, even if its the wrong situation to be in. Fingers crossed he gives you the space you need to get your head straight and that he understands.

We're all here if you need anything xx
i think i will give me the space. hes been nice about it anyway so far.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Good for you, now please do not go and spoil it by backing down if he crooks his little finger at you. You know you deserve far better! xx
thanks x

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Well to be blunt........................about blummin time

You deserve much better and you will do

Oh and I wrote a letter when I ended my marriage, not cowardly at all, just easier to write your feelings down.
i know. i still feel really sh**ty though, hes been nice about it saying he understands and not to worry myself about it, which makes it worse i think.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i know. i still feel really sh**ty though, hes been nice about it saying he understands and not to worry myself about it, which makes it worse i think.
S T O P right now. By saying that you are already playing into his hands with his "understands and not to worry" - he is already laying the big guilt trip on you.

Do you want me to put my bossy Grandma boots on again? Because I will if I have to, so do not say I did not warn you!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >