Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2024, 07:45 AM

Thursday 25th January 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good evening. Margaret made it over and she brought her own gin and tonic mix for us to drink with scampi bites and mozzarella sticks supplied by me. Today is dryish but dark still. I so wish for the lighter mornings. I miss my wanders along the beach in the early morning. Have a good day everyone. Words for today: Nairu and Hagdon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-01-2024, 08:47 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Wet here today.
Taking Bev to the surgery and will sit in the car waiting with Boo while Bev has her blood tests for something to do with her asthma later today.

I sent Brewsters lovely Swiss style lead off to Elaine and Andy Monday ready for when he walks nicely. I messaged Elaine last night and also gave me an excuse for an update, I do know her dad is very ill so that's why I hadn't heard anything but sent a message anyway.
She sent a photo of Brewster he looks very happy and relaxed and he is settling down well, normal naughty puppy behaviour which you would be worried about if that wasn't happening but he is learning well and listening when told, something when he got into the zone with Gorden he didn't listen or stop.
Progress that we couldn't achieve is being achieved in his new home. As much as I miss him and feel guilty for letting him down I feel we have made the right decision for him if not for us.
It is such a shame that we have ended our love of the breed since 2006 on such a negative note.
That is what upsets me so much.

brenda glad Margaret got over and lunch sounded ideal.
Chris good news the plumber has been and Gary's bruises have gone. Good idea not to hold your breath if waiting for anything from social services. Glad you had a nice day out.
Sue I hope school runs are going well and you are getting some rest when able too.
Kazz sorry you had been feeling unwell glad to hear you are feeling better.
griff I hope you had a better night and that Kota is back to normal.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2024, 11:30 AM
Good morning Breda and Lynn

Pleased you had a good afternoon with Margaret

You did everything for him Lynn but he has found a good home and they see to be doing all they can and he is listening to them. Higs

Hope Kota is ok today Kelly and you managed a decent nights sleep

Misty and damp here this morning. School run and Ben to work back again this afternoon but have to work out the logistics of collecting his car tonight.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-01-2024, 11:47 AM
Gosh Sue the logistics of the dropping off and collecting must be wearing you out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lynn I do not think personally this is with yourselves and Brewster moving on is a negative note, so pleased he is moving on in himself. Sure they will be chuffed with the lead. Sounds gorgeous.

Sue I thnk you missed your calling in life you could of been in charge of a major logistics company the way you organise. Its a wonder you do not forget someone or something somewhere.

Brenda So cocktails how lovely, glad Margaret made it over and maybe the bus is the best mode of transport after cocktails. LOL

Chris Saw the couple with the yorkie cross Ted again today somewhere totally different.

Griff Hope all is good with you and you got some sleep.

Thanks Lynn feel much better now although taking it easy on the food today still no appitite to speak of. Mind you not doing anyting either but keeping up the fluids
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2024, 07:03 PM
Evening all
Lynn, Brewster found you when he needed you, you got his leg sorted, something someone else might not have managed.
Sorry to everyone else, had a bit of a mare.
Been a long time coming but Steve and I are officially done, not surprised, a waste of nearly 8 years of my life but line drawn and that's it. I might actually lose some weight again now lol... anxiety is great for that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-01-2024, 07:45 PM
Evening griff sorry to hear your news. Hugs.

Gorden has always maintained we were meant to get him through the physical stuff the other stuff is for someone else to do, I so wish that had been our job too.

Had a lovely afternoon with Bev. She is such a good friend and I can cry and laugh and we hug and air our thoughts together.
Wednesday I am meeting Elaine who used to be on Dogsey and it will be similar we will laugh, hug and cry together.

Of course not forgetting all my friends here who are so supportive.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2024, 08:28 PM
I like it here as nobody judges you.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2024, 10:44 PM
Good evening all.

I'm on a bit of a downer at the moment. Gary is being Gary with a capital G. Barratt Court are being ansty because of problems with the heat (Long story) and I keep going dizzy so it will either develop into full blown vertigo or will blow over (hopefully) by morning.

I don't think any of us can judge any one else. We all air our problems and we all get support. It would be hypocritical to judge because none of us are perfect and we all have our problems from time to time