View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2024, 06:36 PM
I miss Brewster terribly though more than Gorden does.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2024, 06:37 PM
Brenda, you might not have physically entered his flat but I know fine well that you rang the drs more than once and voiced concerns and I believe you contacted his sister quite early on after you both went your separate ways. I don't think you should feel guilty at all, you were in a situation that made you unhappy and you couldn't stay like that.
Kazz, yeah likewise often there's nobody around which makes everyone really annoyed
Lynn, pleased you had a good time
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2024, 06:58 PM
Just had an email, the money from the parking ticket has been refunded... really easy process and very good of them. I have had to explain that everyone is out to con you and scam you and you have to be really really careful, you need to check the balance you are paying. The council are trying to say that he put in an old ticket...he didn't because he only has one ticket, I suspect someone has left their car there for a week and been trying to find someone careless that pay for their ticket....cue my dad!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2024, 10:39 PM
Good evening all

Lousy day. After tossing and turning most of the night, got up to a quite substantial dusting of snow. Then got a call from the hospital to say that Gary had been taken in. I'm pretty phobic about snow so Dave drove me through. We thought we'd just be picking Gary up, but it appears he had a fit and landed face down and now has another bleed on the brain so he'll be in for a couple of days.

I got there at 9 am and he'd been in from 5 apparently. I sat with him on a flaming hard plastic chair after nothing to eat until 4 pm when they finally got him a bed. We had to drive home in the dark around 7 pm which was hairy to say the least so tomorrow I'm taking his laptop and then if they have problems communicating with him after 4 pm they can messenger me and I'll interpret.

By the time I got home I was frozen through to the bone after waiting outside for Dave to pick me up, starving hungry with a raging headache probably through to a lack of sleep

The only high spot of the day was the sun came out and the snow cleared fairly quickly thank heavens

I got a call from the social worker this morning. Cost of care is £68 per week which I expected, however I didn't expect her to say that the carer who can sign has to travel from Lincoln so travel costs are £80 and will have to be paid by Gary

I haven't had much time to think about this but surely it's discrimination as carers are normally sourced locally not miles and miles away. Apparently there are no carers that can sign in Skegness
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2