Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:51 AM

Beagle Racing

I know there aren't that many Beagle owners on here, but I thought I'd post this up anyway as it's superb fun.

The Calledonian Thistle Pedigree Whippet Racing Club in Kincardine Bridge, Scotland has a Beagle division. The Beagles get to wear little racing jackets and chase the lure just like the whippets. They love it. They go absolutely nuts at the start line, howling, baying they are so desparate to chase after that lure with a pack of Beagles.

Here's a photo:

And a video clip of a fun run we held at the end of one of the races where we let a whole bunch of Beagles chase the lure together (they normally race 4 at a time). You'll notice a little Tibetan Terrier in amongst them too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aGIu4ZYv8&fmt=18

These are all pampered pets. There's none of the cruelty associated with greyhound racing. Just good fun and fitness for pets and their owners.

It's held every Sunday between April and October (I think) at 3pm at Inch Farm, Kincardine Bridge. Just head for Longannet power station - the track to Inch Farm is just before the entrance to the power station.

If you need more info or a contact number for the race organiser drop me a PM.

Obviously whippets and other racing hounds are welcome too, so if you want more info let me know and I'll put you in touch with someone that knows all the details.
dani_ella_87
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2008, 12:17 PM
aawww that is far too cute!! shame i'm so far away BeeBee would love that!!
bertiebeagle
New Member!
Male 

30-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Hello scarter, very interested in beagle racing could i have the contact detail;s of the organiser please?