Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Kids can be so funny sometimes.

I took the dogs down the school again, as I'm looking after some kids, and on the way down there I saw a little girl (foundation get out ten mins earlier then the rest) and she looked at Honey and Diesel, and goes, 'I like them dogs mummy, they look like wolves' bless her, I wonder what wolves she has seen running around .

Then on the way home Honey decided to go a toliet, so I picked it up, much to the disgust of a little girl walking past, the face that she made when she was watching, and then I carried on walking behind her, and about every two or three steps the little girl kept looking back, and staring at the bag, then at me, and then back at the bag, then turned around again, bless her, the thought of there being a dog poo in the bag seemed to really freak her out .
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 04:56 PM
aw, kids say and do the funniest things sometimes

i had my nephew quizzing me about why i was taking a bag on the walk with us, and knowing what his reaction would be, being a 6 year old, i just told him 'i just always take one with me'... his reply was, 'aw, for his poo'... if he knew, then why ask? he can be funny like that sometimes
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Ruby used to eat her poo alot (she has got alot better) so now my son will constantly go on about 'Yuk Ruby has eaten her poo hasent she!' even though most of the time she hasent.
Problem is he seems to say it alot when we have visitors they suddenly start giving Ruby a wide birth!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 08:18 PM
I have heard kids say to their parents when they have seen my two (greyhound and lurcher) "look mummy theres a horsey " !!!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 08:26 PM
I think Dougal has one of 'those' faces, any kids who see him usually say 'awwww, can I pet him?!' In the case of toddlers, it's 'goggy, pet goggy!' Thankfully Dougal is such a sweety he doesn't bother about them at all, usually busy looking the other direction at everything else

I can't get over the lad that came up to me and asked me if he was a Dalmation....that still makes me giggle.
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 09:12 PM
I was chatting to a kid and her mum in a country park once while I was walking hubby's guide dog. I had a poo bag perched on the pile of logs next to me (used I might add). Little girl was going on and on and on about wanting a dog. Mum was saying "but you have to walk it", "but you have to groom it", "but you have to..." anything she could think to put the little girl off.

Little girl was saying "I can do that" to everything and "I *will* do it mummy" and all that. Then she spots the poo bag and asks what it is. So I said to her that when you have a dog and you take it for a walk, if it does a poo you have to pick it up in a bag and put it in the bin.

She turned to her mum and said "Mummy, I don't want a dog anymore".

The mum and I were both still laughing so hard when the kid's Dad arrived we had a hard job telling him the story. Then he joined in and we stood laughing for ages. Anyone else in the area must have thought we were barmy!