Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 07:53 PM

it never fails to amaze me

i have just joined this site and already i am dissapointed. i love my dogs very much, all my dogs work and all are trained to a high level (as that is my job)
im strongly against breeding dogs for the show ring as this has led to the downfall of many many breeds, english bred shepherds can barely walk let alone do a days work, boxers can hardly breathe, show labs go lame at age 10, need i say more?
i also just saw on someones profile they believe their dogs are trained to a high level because they know 20 commands - is that a joke? my main working bitch will pick up shot game, stalk deer/fox annd trail and retrieve, drive cattle and sheep, she is trained in basic handler protection and still i would say she is "getting there".

also am i in the minority who dont think check chains cruel? i am a proffesional trainer who knows the neccesity for controlling a dog, and i dont need modern head collars or whatever to do it.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Well there's nothing like giving a place a fair trial is there.

Don't really know how to answer except to say that if you stick around and actually get to meet the members you are already judging, I think you will change your mind....but then again, if you have already judged, maybe not.

Welcome anyway.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Matt, welcome to Dogsey, the place with all kinds of dog lovers, with all different opinions!

Have to say your post really gives the impression that you think you know everything that there is to know about dogs and that your way is the only way! Nothing like jumping in with both feet!

Hope you hang around and keep an open mind and maybe you can contribute something positive to the forum, and who knows, maybe you'll learn something too???

J
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:19 PM
oh- the profile thing saying that dogs trained to a high level is automatic- you dont get to choose.
You may well train your dogs to do the things you do but that isnt to say other peoples dogs on here are not as well trained as yours- oh and if your dogs are so well trained you wouldnt need a choke chain would you?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry Hun I have just logged on and you blew me away.

Well dissappoint away, thats all I can say. You say yours dogs are mainly workers, sorry you don't say what in, or what type.

Everyone on here own dogs for various reasons, whether they be workers like you have, companion, diability companions etc., I think you really should take a step back and think how you have come across, how would you feel if you came on here, and I posted ''how dissapointed I am with you'' Stick around you may grow to like us.

By the way I have never said mine only know 20 commands the question asked when you join is does your dogs know 20 commands or over. Mine know more.

ps.........one choke chain hater here.
Ceefer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I would have like to said welcome to the forum but to be honest I find your attitude a little condescending. there are lots of people here who genuinedly love thir dogs and rightly or wrongly are trying to do their best for them. I have to be honest and say that with a speak first think later attitude some of the people who come on here for support and advice may be made to feel like total failures and I really dont think that is necessary.i do hope you get to know people on here and are able to offer some useful advice but I would ask that you remember some people are genuinely here fore support and dont need to be made totally stupid but instead need useful advice.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:25 PM
welcome to dogsey...I think
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:29 PM
How to win friends and influence people

A forum brings together lots of different people and ideas but you have to be open minded to appreciate that.

You are probably right that this isnt the forum for you
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Really dont know why you bothered joining the site since you obviously know better than anyone else on here, most of whom you havent even met! I dont normally reply to such posts but your attitude has really annoyed me. Many people on here also own highly trained dogs, as others have said the 20 commands is automatic and there is no other option.,

Incidentally if I had to resort to using a choke chain on any of my dogs, all working breeds I would consider myself a failure both as an owner and a trainer.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Welcome to Dogsey..... but before you judge you really do need to spend a while getting to know everyone.
There are allsorts of owners here, pet, working, breeding, showing, you name it, there's someone here who does it.

The main thing we all have in common, whatever our beliefs is our love of our dogs. We also promote the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion and can express that opinion in a courteous and friendly manner.
So stick around, you might learn how to do just that.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »