Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2024, 07:26 AM

Saturday 30th March 2024

Morning all. Not sure what the weather will do today bit overcast. TV signal was again not brilliant but I can watch things that have been disrupted on bbc 1 and 2 by going onto iPlayer the next day so not a disaster. I prefer to read anyway unless there is something that I particularly like on tele. Can't stand all the adverts on itv etc. they seem to go on for ever. Lynn I also prefer to go to a cottage for holidays. Definitely the best holiday for me was on the Caledonian sleeper to Inverness with Tyto and Sara. Not that I go now on holiday as money tight and lets face it I am now on permanent holiday down here by the sea. Hope you all have a good day. Don't forget the clocks spring forward an hour tonight. Here is a fascinating word:anaerobe
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2024, 10:41 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Have a good day and hope you have enjoyed a good walk

I agree Brenda not much on tv so I catch up on my laptop. Mind you I don't have control of the remote so wouldn't get a choice anyway.

Lovely morning here. Sun shinning so have hung a machine load of washing out. Teazle walked and have been and done a bit more round the garden. Nearly back to where I started, a bit like the forth bridge

Hope you are ok Chris and enjoying your breakfasts at your favourite cafe. Hope you daughter is now feeling better.

Take care everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2024, 11:14 AM
this time I didn't forget and bought Sue some chocolate bars instead of Easter eggs. well I think you get nore chocolate that way. Done the daily walk as well which was a bit painful on the legs . Oh well onwards and forewards
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2024, 02:48 PM
Afternoon all
Kazz, nutters are here constantly......we don't need easter to fetch them out
Steve's popping down soon to pick the hamper up for his sister.... hopefully I won't be getting a call to go and collect Molly
Lovely sunshine here, absolutely scorching
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2024, 04:12 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Sue, Barry, griff and all to follow.
It has been a lovely sunny warm day here.
We popped out and bought two lovely hanging baskets with pansies in for £9.99 for two
and some lovely carnations £2.99 each 3 rd one free well who can resist a bargain like that.
It's a fairly local nursery they also do veg plugs at very reasonable prices.
Then we popped to get a few bits of shopping and then home and did a bit of tidying in the garden and sat in the garden with a cuppa and took a stroll down the road and back.
The only thing missing is a Bernese in the garden with us.

brenda I have always preferred my home comforts. The caravan is very comfortable but I am fussy about communal showers and toilets.
The deal is our shower and toilet or if only a day or two away those body wipes you can buy for camping.
I avoid if at all possible toilets that any Tom, Dick or Harry can use too.
Sue I am glad Barry bought you some chocolate.
I have control of the remote here. I do sometimes let Gorden watch what he wants.
griff I hope everything went well with the collection of the hamper.
Kazz and Chris I hope all is well with you both.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2024, 06:30 PM
Lol Lynn,. that's exactly my mum!! She looks at camper vans and says " there's no toilet" and a caravan has to be a static as she won't do a chemical loo.
Steve got the hamper, he loved it, I am sure his sister will too, I won't settle until I hear he has got home ok
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2024, 08:17 PM
Good evening one and all

Don't forget the clocks go forward this weekend.

Fantastic day had here weather to suit as well.

Out for breakfast and a walk this morning, with youngest niece quite a turn up as she is so busy with friends, work, football (she plays for three teams) and generally life as you should be when young. But a nice morning had.

Then onward and upward and still only 10.30am on the way home popped to the house of a chap/friend from work for a bit of a natter he has had his knee replaced and in the week was the 2nd wedding anniversary without his wife who passed away last year in Feb. They would of been celebrating there 67 years this week just gone; I took a planter I had planted with tulips in Dot's favourite colours. Nice mid morning spent chatting away for a chap of 89 he is doing well post knee replacement.

Then home and cleaned the car inside and out and boy did it need it. I promise myself I will keep it cleaner but hey ho I find it boring car cleaning unless I am in the mood and today was the day. Then out to Halfords and brought Percy Panda new car mats.

Came back home and showered then back out again to catch up with some friends for a coffee and a walk (cracking evening)

Now home and thinking really enjoying freestyling with my weekend.

Tomorrow nothing planned but have a chicken so a roast chicken dinner on the horizon. Yummy.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2024, 08:20 PM
Hope all of you have had as good a day as me it seems so.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2024, 10:45 PM
Good whatever it is now.

It's been glorious today weather wise, but oh so busy both in the village and on the prom.

Ted hates it when it's busy and gets barky, but he didn't do too bad today considering

Sorry I've not been around. We're binge watching Game of Thrones and I'm really enjoying it this time around.

Gary isn't talking to me but that's nothing new. He's even reported me to his sister who has told him to stop being a prat so no doubt she'll be on the naughty step too

Never really got much to say as we do the same things every day with a variation in housework

I couldn't get on with the tourer we had. It didn't suit me at all. Communal showers definitely a no no. I'm afraid I'm in the spoilt brat camp and like my home comforts. Statics - yes. Tourers - I'm afraid not