View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Go on Malka do as |June suggests and have a nice glass of chilled white with some fish and salad.
I really hope your Landlady puts the boot in with the Local Authority.
Helena sounds like you have bagged some amazing bargains today.
Dillon so far thankfully sand I hope he always is the same does not respond to dogs getting nasty with him, I am always proud of him the way when I pull him to e near me he comes and tends to let me sort it out but as of yet and hopefully we never will encountered a full on attack. Given the chance I think this JRT would of done. It did Ollie luckily he had lots of fur on his chest and he was shaking it off like an annoying fly.
The man when I last saw him and told him denied it but because I kept on he accepted it in the end grudgingly.
June sounds like you had a nice and interesting walk today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by frankjames View Post
Nippy, I spent the first part of my life seeking busy and interesting. Now I have been forced into the slow lane for tedious health reasons I am learning to appreciate peace and quiet, and find great pleasure in small things.

However I will always find life too short for ironing.
This is partially my problem too I dislike being forced into this slow lane I want to get out with Pepsi for a jolly good ramble but I just can't.
Anyway my life went from boring to hectic in about 30 mins! My Niece came to visit with her 3 children. We had a great morning chatting and playing with the kids. I might have to have a nanny nap now!
H, I hope you will be happy with your bed. Mine is a memory foam and pocket springs, blooming luverly.
I would advise against a memory foam pillow though, they are dreadfully hot.
See you all when I wake up
BTW my hubby did all the ironing.......ya gotta know how to choose the right man!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2013, 01:37 PM
My now ex OH was Navy, so was a precision ironer, the only thing I miss, oh and the holidays to fantastic places of course.
Eileen all my t shirts are hung colour co-ordinated, so much easier to get the one you want out that way
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Yes if you want the bloke to do the ironing - marry an ex military type. No one irons good enough for them so they prefer to do it themselves!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2013, 01:57 PM
That is Oh So True, Pat. It used to cause him real pain if I ironed, he used to watch me. If I wanted to iron I had to wait for him to go out somewhere
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
My now ex OH was Navy, so was a precision ironer, the only thing I miss, oh and the holidays to fantastic places of course.
Eileen all my t shirts are hung colour co-ordinated, so much easier to get the one you want out that way
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Yes if you want the bloke to do the ironing - marry an ex military type. No one irons good enough for them so they prefer to do it themselves!
Yep, ex Royal Engineers here
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2013, 02:00 PM
y'see the have ironing lessons, so they are bound to be better than us mere women, let them get on with it thats what I say
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 02:29 PM
My OH is ex military but TA only & I don't think they taught him ironing. If his stuff isn't done right though he very kindly tells me how It should be done On the odd occasion he's done any I could have done a 3ft pile in the time it takes him to do 1 item. When I'm in the mood I don't mind doing it though. I did a bit this morning & only took about 10 mins. Just as well I didn't announce it on here though as the pile would have been much bigger.
Well done saving Dave all that money Helena
Glorious day here very hot. Only trouble is the park was packed - ill be glad when the little darlings go back to school
OH is in the yard cutting some units down. We had a 6ft bookcase in one alcove which is very narrow & seeing as I'm getting rid of all the books I didn't need such a big one. I've had a look everywhere for a new unit in the right size but can't find one & one for the other alcove as well. Anyway I decided if he cut both of them down to the height I want ( he made them to fit in the first place) then sand them down & paint them cream to match the walls I can buy some seagrass baskets to put in them to hold all the stuff that's usually hanging about. (mainly his stuff)
Hope your landlady gets your ramp sorted for you Malka PDQ.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi folks,

I know, I know I should just go and and order the carpets etc, but we are talking lounge, dining room, hall and our bedroom .... an awful lot ..... but it may be the only way to get them. We've just been invited to a last minute BBQ at 4.30 which is fab as my son has also just arrived home so I won't feel I have to race home

Helena - you certainly got a great bargain today ... jealous from Surrey
June - I look forward to seeing the photos when you get a chance to download them.

I have read all the posts but need to go and walk the dogs and feed them before I go out so haven't got time to comment on everyones posts.

See you much later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Ooh, and the rest of the goss that was going on in the macolet but stopped as soon as I appeared, and was later told to me by my neighbour.

See when David had brought in all the stuff he had bought for me [correction, apart from the white cabbage the rest was for Da Booga], I plonked outside with him to say goodbye and, oh shock, oh horror, he kissed me on both cheeks. Well so what, I mean of course it is not "proper" on a religious Moshav but so what, and my neighbour, who is very Orthodox was saying yes but he is like a brother to her [me].

I mean yes, he is a nice guy and very helpful but I definitely do NOT fancy him. Doubt he would fancy this old crone either!
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »