Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Clo, he's just had a holiday away hasn't he? How do you know he hasn't cheated then?

You need to forget him, you obviously don't mean that much to him, if he can cheat on you 3 times, to what you know

You've said in the past that your nana didn't like him, now I can see why!

If my hubby cheated on me, he'd be gone so fast.....

Good Luck xx
yeah he has just been away. i dont think hes clever enough to get away with doing something like that when hes out with a big group of people, someone would let something slip.

but no i dont know that he hasnt done anything.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 10:54 PM
I hope you make a decision you're happy with and will help you have a happier life I'm sorry he cheated on you, I don't know how you've managed.

As for me, I would never cheat and thus far I've never been cheated on (married my first boyfriend). IF my husband ever cheated, I'd be gone. I can't abide cheating. If they want to be with someone else, finish the relationship they're in first, that's how I see it. I try not to 'judge' the people that do, but I strongly disagree with cheating. I don't think it's ever acceptable.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Well my ex-husband was a cheat and I tried to forgive him..several times but it was never the same. I just couldn't trust him. I decided I couldn't live with not being able to trust the man I'm with so I left him.
After that I started to go out with a guy...who cheated on me. My that time I had absolutely no self esteem thinking there was something wrong with me. After 2 years with him I was so depressed that I went to my mum and dad's home to sort myself out..when I met Graham. It wasn't what I had planned but he was so wonderful. We are now married and he is the most wonderful, loving and trustworthy man I have ever met. I do believe he would rather cut off his own appendage than cheat on me!!
I guess some people can forgive and move on..but I couldn't.
Ironically my ex-husband asked me to go back to him.....6 years after I met Graham!! His blooming loss!!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:45 AM
personally i wouldnt stay with anyone who had cheated on me...the same i wouldnt stay with anyone who raised their hand to me

sue
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Like somebody said on the first page, cheating can be a sign of low self esteem and thats why I did it.

I'd never considered myself to be a cheat, always thought it a terrible thing to do but I wasnt happy with the situation I was in and sometimes leaving isnt as easy as you'd like it to be. Work was terrible, homelife was terrible, I felt taken for granted and crying started to come easily to me when it's something I normally dont do.

So I cheated multiple times with multiple people before a big argument gave me the fire in my belly I needed to walk out.
I'm not proud of it and it's not something I would do on a regular basis.

I've never been cheated on (as far as i'm aware) but I can only tell you how i'd feel if it did happen to me.
fizzigal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2011, 09:33 AM
i know im new here, but this thread has really made me want to give my oppinion, so i hope nobody minds

My husband has never cheated in the sense of 'meeting' another woman, but i have found evidence of internet 'chats' and text messages off other women. its crushed my confidence. The last woman was a delight, she was married with 2 kids and got too involved with him, it was more than flirty messages and i felt there could of been feelings, not love, but i think he liked the fairytail they were living. Im not blaming the women, i know what hes like, hes sooo nice and he does all the chasing (from what ive seen with the last one) he used to tell her intimate things about our relationship, which i think hurt more thank if he had gone and had sex with a random woman. The only reason it ended was because i found a few chat messages and messaged her (threated to tell her husband and ruin her life, something i probably wouldnt have done, but made me feel better at the time) otherwise i think it would still be going on, maybe even have progressed to a meeting :/
There is absolutely no trust in our relationship and he resents my accusations and the needy cow i have turned into, i also hate the face he uses the internet.
I always said i would never stay with someone who had cheated on me, but i think unless you have been in the position you cant say for sure. i know exactly what you mean when you said you expect it, so your not too bothered, i feel the same, its almost like im waiting for it to happen again.

sorry for the rant, never told anyone before, just think i needed to let it out
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by fizzigal View Post
i know im new here, but this thread has really made me want to give my oppinion, so i hope nobody minds

My husband has never cheated in the sense of 'meeting' another woman, but i have found evidence of internet 'chats' and text messages off other women. its crushed my confidence. The last woman was a delight, she was married with 2 kids and got too involved with him, it was more than flirty messages and i felt there could of been feelings, not love, but i think he liked the fairytail they were living. Im not blaming the women, i know what hes like, hes sooo nice and he does all the chasing (from what ive seen with the last one) he used to tell her intimate things about our relationship, which i think hurt more thank if he had gone and had sex with a random woman. The only reason it ended was because i found a few chat messages and messaged her (threated to tell her husband and ruin her life, something i probably wouldnt have done, but made me feel better at the time) otherwise i think it would still be going on, maybe even have progressed to a meeting :/
There is absolutely no trust in our relationship and he resents my accusations and the needy cow i have turned into, i also hate the face he uses the internet.
I always said i would never stay with someone who had cheated on me, but i think unless you have been in the position you cant say for sure. i know exactly what you mean when you said you expect it, so your not too bothered, i feel the same, its almost like im waiting for it to happen again.

dont worry about it dogsey is great for having a rant and letting things out
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by fizzigal View Post

I know I wouldn't put up with it, I found myself in a similar situation after 27years of marriage my Ex was involved in a text relationship with someone else, alledgedly ended when confronted but he started it up again about a year later. He was given very few options tbh and when he dithered for too long I removed all options and started divorce proceedings. Not once did it ever occur to me, it was my fault, I thought he was damn lucky to have me and if he couldn't appreciate that he could bug off. All I can say is don't be a victim, don't wait for it to happen again, tell him in no uncertain terms what will happen if he doesn't buck up his ideas.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Please dont take this the wrong way..I hope that you are having regular STD checks...if this guy has cheated before, then my guess is, he is still at it. Condoms make no difference.

I wouldnt want to see a thread in a few years time from you saying you cant have kids because of undetected chlamydia
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Please dont take this the wrong way..I hope that you are having regular STD checks...if this guy has cheated before, then my guess is, he is still at it. Condoms make no difference.

I wouldnt want to see a thread in a few years time from you saying you cant have kids because of undetected chlamydia
not taken the wrong way and dont worry i have them every time i go and pick up my pill, just to be on the safe side, so every six months.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >