Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:15 AM

Good and Bad

So hubby has had all sorts of physical and mental issues for a while and it's taken myself and his friends months to persuade him to go to the doctors.

He has acid problems with his stomach, a hiatus hernia, joint problems which have been getting worse, and he has depression. Now the depression he has (IMO) had since his father passed away. It's understandable, and even though I have suffered with depression I find him very hard to live with.

His temper is bad, it's like living with Jekyll and Hyde. He will be okay one minute, the next he's snapping and growling and taking his mood swings out on me (never any violence I might add).

So today he had said he was going to talk about everything including the depression. He didn't. He has got an appointment to get rid of all the skin tags he has, blood test to get the problem with his stomach and joints diagnosed and sorted.

But he never mentioned the depression, IMO this needs sorted ASAP too, but he didn't sort it out...I'm so upset with him, cause he promised he was going to...it's so hard cause I am trying to understand but OMG it's hard. I watched my mother fall apart cause she refused to seek help, and now I fear he is going the same way. I don't think I can deal with that again, the paranoia, the temper, I just dunno that I can do it all again.

Sorry, just needed to get it off my chest.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Have you looked here for support for YOU even if your hubby refuses help?

http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/depression.php
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:35 AM
It sounds like you need some care too. Is there a Carers Support group? Or just someone you can talk to?
Sometimes something very simple can help - a regular couple of hours a week when you can just be yourself and unwind?
Try to give yourself a break now and then - you need it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:53 AM
So sorry to hear things are not so good................((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))) ))))))))))))) to you, hope things get sorted for everyones sake xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Oh Lorraine..... I feel for you hon....

xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I am so sorry having suffered with this myself and needing to see my Dr next week after troubles with mum and my son having gone through it I can understand from both sides.

It is a horrible illness for those suffering with it and those living alongside it.

(((Hugs))). X