Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Sister very poorly

I haven't been on Dogsey lately as my older sister has been very poorly with breathing problems (she has COPD) and has been in Reading hospital. She also has rheumatoid arthritis and had a stroke just over a year ago. She came out yesterday and has come to stay with me with her two dogs (now five in the house ). I get very very anxious when anyone dear to me is poorly and had a private panic attack yesterday and all my dinner went down the loo and then I didn't sleep. Trying to pull myself together today and not to get too anxious but very difficult when you see someone you love looking so thin (she is 5.5 stone) and very very pale and has the most horrendous cough. On the exterior I appear very calm as she has enough to contend with at the moment - all my anxiety is behind closed doors It obviously brings back memories of when I looked after my husband who died 4.5 years ago. Dogsey vibes would be much appreciated for my sister to get at least a little better as she will never fully recover.

In the meantime all look after yourself and hope your are enjoying the lovely weather we are having recently.

xxxx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Most important at this time, who is there to give YOU support and recharge your emotional batteries?

I hope you have access to help and that you DO use it, so that you can have that extra physical, mental and emotional energy that you need right now.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Sorry to hear this Sue. Everything crossed for you sister. Look after yourself too.x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Sue I am truely sorry to read this (I had missed you )
I am sending all the vibes I can muster and I hope your Sister remains comfortable with some improvement.
Hugs to you and all the doggies, we are here if you need a chat xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Most important at this time, who is there to give YOU support and recharge your emotional batteries?

I hope you have access to help and that you DO use it, so that you can have that extra physical, mental and emotional energy that you need right now.
Thanks SB - hadn't thought about support for me as my sister is my first priority. My mother lives down the road but she is 91 and although fit and able bodied I try to keep her from worrying too much. To top it all my Meggie appeas to have conjuctavitis (sp?) in one eye so it is off to the vets for her tomorrow morning and when I started my car up this morning sounded like two lose tin cans were inside but went after driving a few yards (just serviced too) Very odd.

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Sorry to hear this Sue. Everything crossed for you sister. Look after yourself too.x
Thanks Majuka. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Sue I am truely sorry to read this (I had missed you )
I am sending all the vibes I can muster and I hope your Sister remains comfortable with some improvement.
Hugs to you and all the doggies, we are here if you need a chat xx
Thanks Jen and hope your knee is giving you less pain now.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post

Thanks Jen and hope your knee is giving you less pain now.
Much more comfortable thanks.
You take care of yourself x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Love & vibes from us for both you & your sister xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
I am sorry to hear about your sister I hope she makes an improvement really soon.

Please look after yourself too and remember Dogsey folk are always here. Xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Lots of hugs to you and vibes for your sister being sent from here. You are doing a wonderful job taking care of her and her doggies and you must be worried about her of course but do try and look after yourself too. Thinking of you both x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 04:02 PM
So sorry to hear about your poor sister Sue, no wonder it's making you so ill and lacking sleep, but of course you have to be strong for her and keep your worries to yourself at times like this. I'm sending everything I've got, all fingers and paws crossed here for your dear sister, and also for YOU, because we don't want to hear you being ill with worry like this. I hope they can help her out, I hope she gets much better with some rest and being with somebody she loves so much will help her enormously. All the best Sue, I was wondering where you'd got to. You need some of Sally's magic bottle tonight methinks, that'll cheer you up.xxxxxxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >