Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Well me and the bf have been together for a year, we are planning on moving in together some point this year, its made harder though that there is 200 miles between us at the moment, he comes up most weeks for a few days but i am the one making the 200 mile move down south to sussex, so its a bit of a nightmare trying to organise new job, house and school for my son all in one go...actually quite scary!
Wow, that's a big move to make! I can imagine it'd be difficult, especially if you've got your son to think of. Good luck

Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
well haven't done it yet. Nearly 3 years together, spend all our time at each other places. No plans to move in officially. To be honest I'd want a ring first, old fashioned i am

We also work in the same office, on the same project, so we arent short of time together!
Aw that's sweet that you work together I think I'd feel less of a need to move in together if we lived closer and were able to spend more time together like if we worked together.

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Not nearly long enough.
marry in haste, repent in leisure.
Sorry you had a bad experience Don't think I'm interested in getting married any time soon though so I shall heed your advice! :lol
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Been together for nearly 3 years... and no plans to move in together. He is too immature if i am totally honest, but I don't mind (too much )... I love him for him, and however unfortunate his immaturity is part of him so just need to deal with it He has just finished uni after 4 years, so he wants over the summer to chill and relax, and then once he gets a job we may discuss it I do think that his mum has given him too good a life at home though, he barely needs to lift a finger

I see him just about every day anyway though, and if we aren't together then we text just about the whole time
wegle
New Member!
Female 

06-07-2011, 09:55 AM
5 months for us. Met in October 2009 and moved in together in March 2010 so been together 1 year 9 months now.

I thought it was too soon, we were rushing etc. And then just thought "Sod it! Life is too short! If it works, brilliant. If it doesn't we'll deal with it then.". So far it's working super. Good luck whatever you decide to do. Remember life is for living, you only get one shot at it so give it all you've got!
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by wegle View Post
I thought it was too soon, we were rushing etc. And then just thought "Sod it! Life is too short! If it works, brilliant. If it doesn't we'll deal with it then.". So far it's working super. Good luck whatever you decide to do. Remember life is for living, you only get one shot at it so give it all you've got!
That's pretty much what we thought, especially with not being as young anymore.

Life Ain't No Dress Rehearsal

David
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 11:00 AM
I think with us it was about 18 months before we moved in together - and that involved me giving up work and moving 150 miles away from family and friends to live in the middle of nowhere! We have been married for three years now and have a three year old son.

If it feels right, then go for it. If you have any doubts then I would leave it a while.

I lived with two other boyfriends in the past - one for six years (and it was my getting a dog that split us up!); and then the other for about a week ... I knew it was wrong when I was doing it, and I was proved right almost immediately! However, if I hadn't made that particular move and then had to rearrange my life when I moved back I would probably never have met my hubby. Life has a way of sorting itself out eventually

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 01:24 PM
We waited 2 years and 4 months...we moved in together the day we got married
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Aw, thats sooooo sweet!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Few weeks, he stayed over one night and never went home lol!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Ah-me too! We are both practising Christians so the "try before you buy" option wasn't open for us!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Ah-me too! We are both practising Christians so the "try before you buy" option wasn't open for us!
And another one here too, moved in with my hubby on the day we married................33 yrs ago
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >