Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Just over a year for us.
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2011, 12:05 PM
My goodness there's a lot of it about isn't there!
3 months for me and I though that was quick.
He moved into a new flat and I helped him move - just happened to take a lot of my stuff too

That was 15 years ago
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I was with Mick for 2.5 years before we got a mortgage and moved in together. I was there a further 2.5 years before I walked out. Looking back, at the time we were househunting I had doubts about our relationship (he was never a person who excited me or I felt passionate about, he was just a good bloke) but I was 29 and felt such a strong urge to move out of my parents and have my own space and live my own life, this was a way I could do it.

I'm paying the price now with the mortgage lenders on my case asking for payments! It seemed a good idea to have my name on the mortgage but I shall never do that again!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I met Graham 1 day after I got out of a terrible relationship and I knew straight away he was the one. Everyone thought I was on the rebound but I knew I wasn't. He took me to Paris 4 days after we met!! We had a wail of a time. He didn't even complain when I left 150 euros on the bar by accident!!
He got a job in Birkenhead as an accountant and I then lived in Liverpool so he stayed with me in my flat for 3 months then we bought a house together after that in North Wales where I am from and he'd lived before.
I think you should go for it...life's too short. If it feels good then it is. After all it sounds like you're with each other all the time anyway Good luck xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 06:30 PM
We were together for about two years before we moved in together. Dave was living on the South coast and I was in the Midlands so it took a bit of sorting as regards jobs etc!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Unbelievably, looking back on it now, we ran away together (we were both married to different people). We had known each other for a few years, but not romantically.
x0x
Wow! If you are going to leave your husband, I can't think of a better way
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Both at uni.... known eachother a year very breifly through my ex bf. Stayed at his a coulple of nights during freshers week, then kinda moved in to his room at uni! Moved out of Halls and are now renting a place, just over a year and a half in this house.

Never regretted a minute of it.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:54 PM
6 weeks but tbh I was at him everyday before that. Started wiv me and having to leave to sort the dogs out and he sed bring em then he told me to leave en wiv him while I went to placement. One year on and we r expecting in three weeks and never been happier.
ATD x
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Thanks so much everyone for replying All your stories have been so touching and wonderful, I am so incredibly jealous!

I think I'm now definitely settled in going ahead with this. So far he's applied for a few jobs where he's living at the minute but if he doesn't get any of them he's going to try and find something down here. My fingers are crossed for him either way because I'd love him to move here but I'd love for him to get one of the jobs he's applied for already. Here's hoping anyway!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:03 AM
im still waiting and we have been together four years this year.. im starting to think about things now as it seems he doesnt want the same things i do.. im ready to move out and grow up a bit and he really isnt... so i dont know whats going to happen to be honest.
id have been ready to move out now, say 3/4 years with being that bit younger. i think you need to work out what makes each other tick before you move in together as that courses more arguements...
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »