View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Just catching up amnd wanted to send some hugs. So glad that he is home and you are beginning the journey to unravel all the thoughts indide your sons head, he will be scared embarrassed, angry, upset, frustrated, unsure andvulnerable BUT the love and support you have for him can and will bring him through his. He may not believe this you may not be 100% sure but you will get through this stronger.
If things get too difficult before the doctors appt things can be done. Contact soicial services(mental health team) today make them aware of the situation so should you need them the history etc is all there and they can act quickly and in your sons best interest. call the charity MIND they can help you and if your sone is willing to talk to them they can help him. Call them 1st on your own. if he does decide to talk to them they can keep it in coinfidence that you have also spoken to them if you think this may aggitate your son.
Make sure you have support too. Hugs
Mollybobs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi All,

I just wanted to tell you all the end to this story....

We got absolutely no help whatsover from the medical profession, but son did get some help with a personal medical problem which had been dragging him down for years.
He stopped drinking, went 'cold turkey', for a few weeks, but has a social beer every now and again now.
He takes no medication at all, and we kept him busy with voluntary work and hard physical labour in the garden!

And the end to this story? He has just been accepted onto an ICT PGCE course, starting in September - he will be teaching at secondary school level. I am so proud of him

I just wanted to let anyone who is in a similar situation know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, although you might not see it for a while.....and to thank everyone here for their support
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Jackie so pleased to hear of such a good outcome for your son.
No wonder you are so proud
Good luck for the future.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I am really pleased to hear thing have turned out so well for you and your son. Wishing him all the best in his new venture.

I have been wondering how things were going and was hoping you would pop back on to let us know at some point.

I am sorry the medical professionals gave you no help.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 04:27 PM
That is good news and a great tribute to you and your family. Please give your boy a hug from me.
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mollybobs View Post
Hi All,

I just wanted to tell you all the end to this story....

We got absolutely no help whatsover from the medical profession, but son did get some help with a personal medical problem which had been dragging him down for years.
He stopped drinking, went 'cold turkey', for a few weeks, but has a social beer every now and again now.
He takes no medication at all, and we kept him busy with voluntary work and hard physical labour in the garden!

And the end to this story? He has just been accepted onto an ICT PGCE course, starting in September - he will be teaching at secondary school level. I am so proud of him

I just wanted to let anyone who is in a similar situation know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, although you might not see it for a while.....and to thank everyone here for their support
Great to hear things are improving for your son xx
linda murray
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Hi

I am soooo pleased for you, your family and your son. It must have taken a lot for him to work through that torment. Be proud too in your own strength and know that you can cope with whatever is thrown at you.

On a happier note - how was your other sons wedding?

Linda x
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh that is excellent! It cannot have been easy for him (or you).
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 11:05 PM
How wonderful! Many congratulations to your son for pulling himself up from that deep dark pit and good luck to him on his course and with his future career.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8