Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AlanR
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-06-2005, 06:48 AM

Rainbow Bridge

Being new to this site, I have just read baout Rainbow Bridge.
I am sitting at work, trying to fight back tears.
I have a Cocker Spaniel waitng for me..I always new he would be somwhere, but now I know.
Barnaby was with me for 11.5 years, he was more than a companion, he was my life. He left me but he will always be in my heart, a day does not pass unless I think of him or I even see him out of the corner of my eye wagging his tail.
Rainbow Bridge will be the first place I go to and collect pat of my heart.
My new dog, will I guess be there as well, but the fun we will all have one day will be just the best.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Parting with an old friend is so very hard, But they stay, safe with us in a special corner of our hearts and, eventually, the good memories shine through the grief and so they continue to give us the comfort and the joy that we knew when they were physically with us.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Im sorry you lost your beloved dog its heartbreaking to loose someone so precious Like SB said, they are always with us, and will always wait for the day they can meet with us again
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 10:33 AM
I lost a cocker spaniel about 5 years ago and I still miss him now. PM me if you ever want to talk.

Kindest Regards
Laura
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-06-2005, 11:02 AM
A friend of mine had to have her very old doggie pts recently. For some reason, the image I got was of him going to a doggy Valhalla, where he'll get to chase cats up trees (Kinda doubles as a cat Hades for norty cats, I suppose. ), sniff all kinds of nasty stuff without getting told off etc. She thought that was great!

As she recently lost her Dad too, she's visualising them as kinda American Indian spirit guides watching her, together which I thought was a good way to think of it too! (She's a Floridian, see?)
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Shadowboxer, that is so sweet it brought a tear to my eye, and how so true.

mandie