Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 06:27 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - B Hol Monday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps on this Bank holiday Monday

I have no idea what's been going on as I don't think I even got to log in yesterday let alone read anything, I was too busy washing whilst the sun was out. My utility was full of bedding from both vans and I had to get it all done and out of the way.

Off to Dreams this morning cos I saw a lovely bedstead in the sale in the paper, and I'll save £700 odd quid, it's now down to £245 I know I've gotta buy a mattress, but as Dave wanted to upgrade to a 4ft bed, he can now have mine and I'll get a big new one. He's used to hand me downs lol! Then I thought about the carpet, it's a good time to get the new carpet before the bed arrives, so I'll be going into Carpetright too whilst their sale is on. Dave said to wait until we paint the bedrooms, but I could wait forever with all the work we've still got to do in this house, so it's now or never for me and this bed is in that lovely mink colour which I've got going on around the rest of the house.

Nice to have Dave here today, and it also means he's only got a 3 day week next week as he's having next Friday off again.

Zena's been great on that foot, zooming around after her ball and so far so good. I had to wrap it up for our walk yesterday as it was so wet and I will do the same again today, it doesn't take 5 mins to slap on a sock and a pawz boot.

I've got more bookings coming in for next year, they seem to be favouring that smaller van for some strange reason, so I've decided to keep it going for at least another year before I think about letting it out on a permanent basis.

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, and there are no major problems. Jenny, I hope Rucksack is well on the mend now, and only 5 more sleeps!

Enjoy your bank holiday monday the sun will be shining everywhere today I think
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Morning H and all

Not envying all of that washing! I am glad that Zena's foot is doing well.

I am working all day today, we are expecting it to be busy again but that's good as the day just flies by.

Hope everyone enjoys their bank holiday.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Good Morning
Been up since 6 a.m,Hubby was heading off Had a lovely walk with Lace,will have coffee and a pancake methinks
HELENA,good luck with the bed and carpet,wow that's a great bargain
Gives it good today,so will get my bits done then I can enjoy
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning Gerry
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Morning Helena, Gerri and Eileen.
New bed and carpet lovely Helena. Glad you have all the washing out of the way for the vans that bit sounds like extra hard work especially if you iron everything too which I am sure you do.
Glad to hear Zena's paw is doing well.
Morning Gerri I hope work isn't too busy.
Morning Eileen its 3 weeks isn't it that OH is away for. (((Hugs))).

Had a great time at the BBQ and I was very good I drunk in moderation this time I usually you go with good intentions and it all goes out of the window.
Gorden on the other hand may well have a sore head today.
One of our neighbours well she is going to be suffering too and wondering what she said to people as she always does. Nothing nasty but she does get a bit carried away and we all end up in stitches.
Quiet day for me today I came home about 1am Gorden left earlier to let Dillon out and stayed home so he had some company and hadn't been left for hours.
The few of us left sat round the fire pit laughing and talking.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning LYNN,
Glad to hear you enjoyed the BBQ...you'll just have to be gentle with OH today,bless him xx
Yes,mine has gone for 3 weeks,but think now that he's actually gone I'm o.k,will keep busy and it'll fly be...wash basket won't know what hit it!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Morning H and all

Wow that sounds like a bargain not to be missed H and I am glad to hear you seem to have got to grips with those pawz boots now. They are brilliant.

Glad you enjoyed the BBQ Lynn sounds like it done you good to get out, relax and have a laugh.

Gerry shame you have to work today but i can remember clearly when I had to work bank holidays and I may have to again soon if I ever get another job.

Eileen hope the 3 weeks fly past I am sure they will and hubby will be home before you know it.

Lily and I have been out for a long walk, over an hour. I enjoyed it but Lily was not so keen as it mean't missing valuable snoozing time.
Washing machine is on and I want to get the grass cut today so its not too long for the new people. its grown so fast after that rain.
A bit more packing for me today but not too much as I have run out of boxes
I got all the paper shredding done yesterday and then enjoyed a lovely time at the BBQ for my grandsons birthday.

only 5 sleeps left now

Enjoy your bank holiday everyone.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 07:32 AM
BEV,I'm not sure you really want to move
Happy belated Birthday to your grandson xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

We all had a great night sleep last night which was wonderful. Rucksack is certainly back to his happy self this morning but I'm still going to take it really easy with him until he's finished the abs. Dull outside and slight drizzle first thing but allegedly its going to be around 28degrees this afternoon At least I can gets lots of washing dried

Helena - Thanks for the mention of Rucksack. You must dread weekends what with all that washing and what a relief when its all done. New bed and carpet .... I'm still waiting for ours Great news that Zena's paw is looking good.
Moet - I hope your day at work goes well today .. at least the weather will be kinder.
Eileen - Three weeks on your own (without OH) is quite a while but you'll soon get into a routine without him and then will have to get into another routine when he comes back My OH was away a lot with work so I do know what its like (((hugs))).
Lynn - That BBQ sounded such a laugh .... just what you needed and I bet you're glad you drank in moderation. Gorden will probably be feeling a little jaded this morning Enjoy your day.
Bev - Your post really made me smile. I hope you don't burst with excitement before the big day ((hugs)).

I hope every one enjoys their bank holiday. See you later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 07:56 AM

You all lead such busy, interesting lives compared to me. I've got nothing to tell you other than I shall probably spend the day ironing I have got a big stick ready to beat the first one to creep in and put more on my pile
In Torbay you don't go anywhere on a Bank Holiday, unless you just want to sit in traffic all day

Keep the stories coming I shall be back later to read all your news

Jenny glad to see that Rucksack is almost back to normal
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »