Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:26 PM

How come?

Leanne told me that cross breeds cannot compete in Schutzhund and also I think field trials (except scurries)..how come?

They can compete in agility, flyball and other activities but not these two? Is there a particular reason for it or have they never changed it so they can par-take in them.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Because Schutzhund and Field Trials were designed to demonstrate the working potential of breeding stock.

And actually it is not just cross breeds.

Field Trials and Gundog Working Tests are restricted to GUNDOGS which also HAVE to be KC registered on the BREED register.

So, even if you have a gundog of a recognisable breed, unless it is on the Breed register you cannot compete with it in these two disciplines (as most recue dogs come withoutu papers this can be disappointing to some),

Schutzhund in the UK is not restricted to particular breeds however, under FCI rules, it is. so unless your dog appears on the register of (I think it is around 24 breeds) you cannot compete.

Originally it was designed for the GSD and there are two World Championships in these sports, one is restricted to GSD only, the other is for the "other" FCI breeds.