Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bitsy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2004, 12:18 PM

Puppy farms - breeding for profit / what is a puppy farm

Did anyone see the programe last week , The dog Breeders. mostly in Ireland but also a chap in Scotland that was churning out puppies of all kinds and making an absoloute fortune from it. The a potential dog owner's who buy a puppy form a man who had numerous breeds (all with pups) would surley be suspicious!! it was cleary obvious he was a puppy farm. How can we ever expect them to stop when there is so much money to be made from it
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

31-05-2004, 01:37 PM
I think someone here posted a link, where u can watch the program via the web... ?
bitsy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2004, 06:30 PM
ooops sorry Azz

i have been AWOL for a while
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

31-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Yes wondered where u got to? What u been up to then? Tell all!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2004, 09:56 PM
didn't see that where can i find the link ?????????
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

31-05-2004, 10:24 PM
click on 'search' above and enter 'horrified' and it should come up
liberty
Dogsey Senior

31-05-2004, 10:50 PM
It's a very sad, but some people who may never have bought a puppy before, or perhaps someone who has not bought a pup, for say 10 or 12 yrs, are led to believe, by these unscupulous people, that the more breeds they have they have, the more experienced or respectable they are.

The best way forward is to educate potential puppy buyers, as to what makes a responsible breeder, and what to look out for.
Ignorance in this case is not bliss.

liberty
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Is that the program that was screened by BBC Scotland? If it's the same I watched it through a link on their website. I was so horrified by what I saw, I had to turn it off. It was heartbreaking
russett
New Member!

13-08-2004, 11:50 AM
I watched this programme too, it was very eye opening, I didnt realise the full extent of the operation, I knew about steven hamilton from reading WAG uks website, and I knew about raymond martin as a friend rescued a staffie which originally came from his farm (bred in ireland) he used to advertise every week in the scottish adtrader, he had a big block ad fore various breeds, all at quite high prices, he must have been making an absolute FORTUNE. What i didnt know about was his aunt and brothers who were also involved, It was surprising to see how efficient the set up was at his brother's premises, the kennels looked very professional, the USPCA man even commented on what a professional breeding operation they had there, and it look like they are becoming suppliers as well as retailers because obviously they are fed up of the heat from selling imported pups some of which have gotten sick and died. It looks like they are now breeding their own puppies to import into scotland and sell on.
judging by the equipment and kennels etc they had, they must be pretty rich from all this

does anyone know what was the outcome of this programme?
Raymond martins adverts are no longer in the scottish adtrader, has he been prosecuted? would seem likely since if hes selling thousands of pups every year, hes bound to have a long list of angry customers with complaints
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2004, 01:07 PM
No I don't Russett, but I can find out for you
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >