12-02-2013, 04:24 PM

Anyone Tried "Heights Farm" Food?

I got a free sample because why say no to free things lol
Ripley seems to love it, but that might just be because its new

Just wondering if anyones tried it and what your doggies think

My packet says:
(Duck & potato)

Analysis - Protein 26%, Oil 12%, Fibre 4%, Ash 10%

Ingredients - Potato (min 35%), duck meal (min 26%), peas, beet pulp, poultry fat, brewers yeast, linseed, digest, minerals and vitamins

Hypoallergenic - no artificial colourings, flavourings, preservatives, dairy or soya products, wheat or wheat gluten.
Roger Biduk
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
I got a free sample because why say no to free things lol
Ripley seems to love it, but that might just be because its new

Just wondering if anyones tried it and what your doggies think

My packet says:
(Duck & potato)

Analysis - Protein 26%, Oil 12%, Fibre 4%, Ash 10%

Ingredients - Potato (min 35%), duck meal (min 26%), peas, beet pulp, poultry fat, brewers yeast, linseed, digest, minerals and vitamins

Hypoallergenic - no artificial colourings, flavourings, preservatives, dairy or soya products, wheat or wheat gluten.
Hello BlueJay,

Good food in the UK is very hard to come by and the labeling of ingredients is very sketchy.

This is not a good pet food.
There is only one meat ingredient and the first ingredient is a starch which is not good.
Ingredients like poultry fat, beet pulp and "digest" are definitely to be avoided.

Compare this to a food like Orijen containing nine meat/fish ingredients with none of the ingredients mentioned above.

A balanced, raw meat diet is always best.

Their UK website is here.

Good luck,
Roger Biduk
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:43 AM
I disagree..some dogs do better on a single protein and some high end dog foods also use beet pulp. They are described as natural digestible fibres for intestinal health.

If you look on Bob & Lush site at the breakdown of ingredients it explains what each one is. I found it really helpful, even if you don't buy their food you know what to look for in other foods, what you might not really need and what might be good to have in for your dog(s)

http://www.bobandlush.com/premium-du...toes-peas.html