View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2013, 03:49 PM
To me it just reads that he's so desperate to relieve himself that he's having to do both things at once. The only suggestion i have is possibly taking him out more frequently.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Salty sand...and sun.....and sand......and sun.........sounds wonderful. I am cold and shattered today after ony an hours dozing last night and I could really do with a holiday lying in the sun and dozing off. Completely off thread I know!....sorry.
You'd be most welcome here! Vacant until end July! And don't get me wrong - I find having to wash the dog's feet belly and eyes a very small inconvenience attached to living so close to the beaches and where I can see the sea!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 05:13 PM
I didn't think there was anything I could really do, I was just asking. BTW, the pee isn't disgusting, getting it all over himself is.

I've owned dogs and cats all my life, their pee and poo isn't disgusting and I'm used to it. I'm NOT used to a puppy who pees and then starts pooing and gets pee all over his belly.

I got some dog cleaning wipes from the local store.. maybe those will get the pee of better so he won't end up having to get bathed so much.

I know all that bathing can make their skin and fur bad. I'm taking him out more often and it reduces this... but I really don't like going outside in the middle of the night :/

Oh, well! I'm sure once he stops squatting to pee, this won't be a problem!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I'm not really sure what you are expecting from your puppy
What's s disgusting about him having a pee/ poo, and the quantity getting larger
It's not disgusting that he pees and poos, it's disgusting that he is constantly getting it all over his belly because he starts pooping while still peeing.

I'll just have to wait for him to grow out of it while trying to take him out more often... it's not a big deal.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Probably just hasn't got the 'muscle control' yet - most dogs are careful to position themselves to avoid their feet when they pee. I marvel at them doing that! He's a baby - give him time.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
I'm sorry but I think apart from cleaning him more often there's nothing that can be done.

I have never heard of a dog weeing and pooing at the same time and if doing it together is making the pee go all over him that sounds pretty unpleasant.

Penelope doesn't do that, but she does squat for a wee and doesn't move at all until finished, that was fine when she was little but now she's bigger she wees huge puddles, the volume you'd expect from a small pony!
And it covers the bottom of her feet, she started to smell faintly like wee all the time and her nice white feet started discolouring which wasn't nice.

So I bath her every morning now, groom twice a day and spritz her with dog perfume and she smells lovely now and her feet are nice and white!
Jade, my female dog will walk while peeing.. so that's not an issue. It's unpleasant, but I love my little guy so I'm just going to keep bathing and trying new things to wipe him off. He's black so you can't SEE the pee... not that it's an issue because he SMELLS like it.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Dobionekenobi View Post
To me it just reads that he's so desperate to relieve himself that he's having to do both things at once. The only suggestion i have is possibly taking him out more frequently.
I agree with Dobionekenobi.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Remus is at the stage if peeing all over his front feet at the moment because he can't yet cock his leg...but he didn't tentatively raise the right one a couple of times recently so maybe he's thinking about it! He does huge wees all over his gangley front legs and big feet. I'm used to it now but every now and I forget and he puts his big pee soaked paws on my shoulders.....yuck!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Probably just hasn't got the 'muscle control' yet - most dogs are careful to position themselves to avoid their feet when they pee. I marvel at them doing that! He's a baby - give him time.
Hi, Tangutica. You might have misunderstood what I was trying to describe. He will squat to pee.... and then MID pee.. he will then stoop over to poop, while STILL peeing. This causes pee to get on his belly and more or less... go all over the place.

I've never had a dog that did this, or even heard of it. He doesn't do this ALL the time, but frequently enough to where he starts smelling like pee. It's funny, but pretty irritating because I have to keep cleaning him or (EWWW) Jade will start trying to do it.

Both she (ew again) and the wipes I've used don't do any good and he stills ends up needing a bath because once he dries, he still smells like pee. If he hated baths and made things totally difficult, idk what I'd do because it would be like torture for him.

Oh well! Once he stops squatting to pee, I'm sure this will stop... just have to wait it out!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Remus is at the stage if peeing all over his front feet at the moment because he can't yet cock his leg...but he didn't tentatively raise the right one a couple of times recently so maybe he's thinking about it! He does huge wees all over his gangley front legs and big feet. I'm used to it now but every now and I forget and he puts his big pee soaked paws on my shoulders.....yuck!
Haha. Yeah it's gross, but we love 'em so it's something we deal with. I'm going to have to just keep bathing my fella... until he cuts this out. So it's like... oh well!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >