Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2020, 07:18 AM

Daily Thread, Easter Monday, 13th April, 2020

Good morning everyone, couldn't get a New Thread up earlier when I tried. Hope you are all good and your doggies too. Have a good day, stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2020, 07:33 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you have better day today Grff

Oh dear Harvey hope your knee will soon improve. The grass can wait another week mine is going to have to

Dull, chilly and windy here but have washed some towels and they are on the line. Other than cleaning the car not planning on much.

Hope ll are well

Have a good day nd stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2020, 07:44 AM
Morning
Thanks all, it was a friend who was in trouble, she's stuck in a bad situation and I was really really worried about her. Hope today is a better day for her
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2020, 08:21 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, griff and all to follow.
Not such a nice day here weather wise today rain overnight but no storms lots of wind and still windy and cold today.
Not much planned psyching myself up for the shops tomorrow. Never as bad though as I fear.
I think it's the waiting in the back of my mind becoming ill within a week.

You could have a neadow Sue.
griff hope your friend is in a better situation today.
Moyra any news on the shopping front ? Hoping you are managing to keep well.

Stay safe everyone and all four legged friends.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2020, 08:57 AM
Good Morning all

A change in working pattern this week due to people on furlough and self isolation and a couple who have actually broken down the stress is really getting to them a bit like you said Lynn they are waiting to be ill which I totally understand so expect this week a few changes. See what happens so a later start this week nice actually in fact its nice not to be up at 3.30am. LOL

Popped up this morning to my friends Mom (through the window) my friend and her family live in Bristol and her Mom is still here in Brum and she has early stages of dementia apparently, I say apparently as they went to take the test at hospital before the lockdown and waiting results although the quick check they do the results were confirming the memory loss. So another friend and I have been taking it in turns to go up morning and evening and make sure the house garden secure as she does not always turn the keys. Great fun have known her all my life she lets us know by phone or written message/item needed with the empty packaging stuck to the window. Honestly I think she has "SUNDOWNERS." I have been going in the evening with starting work so early but now able to do a week about morning and evening I took Gert with me for a run round the garden and left her a loaf of bread and fresh milk. Her neighbours are really good but all elderly too, so the list I think is increased daily of who to wave too LOL.

Have a great day all

Losos I think your knee issue is now spread to mine. LOL

Moyra Have a good day any luck with the food or the fence.?

Sue You have to stop reading my mind I have towels on the line and when I get home plan on cleaning the car...…..LOL...….mind you, you are not on early morning rising now either are you.

Griif Hope all has settled with your friend or sort of resolved spoke to my good friend her daughters partner has taken to staying at work they have a 3 month old baby together. Yesterday morning she saw a chap and his wife her partner works with on their morning walk they went past her front garden seems the whole company are all on furlough...….*sad sad*

Lynn We too have had rain and high winds this morning. Shopping will be fine.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2020, 09:02 AM
No Ocado said they were going to release 6000 places and I waited an hour in a queue, then when it came to it I had to wait another hour to choose my delivery spot by which time they had all gone! Still hoping I will hear from the Governments Medical Officer tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

As regards the fence, Steve has patched it up as best he can but they do not consider it important at the moment!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2020, 09:18 AM
Sad about someone having a breakdown Kazz, happy to say I am not at that point. I do heave a sigh of relief though when the Next Tuesday comes round and I am well enough to pop out again to the shops.
I think being sensible and only going out the once helps a lot and for others to, being aware of the social distancing and carrying wipes and hand sanitiser with me and then disinfecting everything I have touched or not when getting home and shopping unpacked. Bags are on a rota leave the most recent ones used in the shed along with my shoes, all clothes off and straight in the wash.
Sounds so extreme doesn't it ? Necessary though I think.
Sounds lovely what you are doing for the lady up the road.

Moyra I know you shouldn't be paying but there are self employed guys fencing etc., doing work still and managing the social distance as they are working outside and grateful for the work and income in these hard times.
So if your landlady is interested there isn't at the moment any excuse as far as I can see in her getting it fixed.
I am baffled at what time people are shopping to get a slot, every time I tried they said come at so and so hour and when you do slots are all gone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Moyra, as Brenda said, get hold of your local spar or londis...they are being so good, our londis is even delivering shopping to those who can't get out. I really shouldn't be out myself but I will dash out at an early hour to get what we need..I can avoid queues that way and keep myself safe
Kazz, does that mean that he isn't at work but staying somewhere else? That poor lady!
Lynn, I think a lot of people are sensible..not going out as they don't want to get ill or make others ill but then there are those who just don't seem to give a damn and are prolonging the whole situation
Sue, I think cars and gardens will never have been so well kept, a lot of people are doing stuff just for something to do lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2020, 09:52 AM
The fence is an insurance job, that's why nothing is happening! Our local Londis has closed and as he owns the offy next door he is selling from there because they are all glazed in securely. The wouldn't deliver half the time they think you are a nuisance for wanting shopping, its her, he's alright.

Just had a call from dot com support for online shopping she is going to contact Tescos on my behalf. So fingers crossed.