Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Our Crufts..

Well, Crufts 2008 is over for us. I has been a chaotic two days and my feet are SOOO sore

Firstly we took the pug on Thursday and the less said about that the better Nightmare!!! Gracie showed beautifully and didnt put a foot wrong though, very pleased with how she coped with her first Crufts

Then today we took our lab Beau along. He was in the very large junior class. i think there were about 25 in it He didnt get placed but he showed really well and wasn't at all stressed by the whole thing like i worried he might be! He prefers the outdoor shows and usually gets a bit bored and lazy indoors but he actually went nicely

We have a Brittany-shaped lodger here at the moment. He got 2nd in the Limit class and considering he's not been shown for about 6 months that was great

And, highlight of my day I also handled another Brittany, lovely Maybelline, the litter sister of our sweet lodger. I handled her last year and got Best Puppy in Breed with her. This year her owner asked me to handle her again

Maybelline won her Limit Bitch Class, then got the Bitch CC Thats the first CC i have ever got, and even though it wasn't with my dog it was lovely

Sadly i didnt get to hang around and enjoy it for too long as i had to rush miles to another hall to show Beau in his class so it was a bit chaotic but still a great day!! And i think i might be showing Maybelline again next year, we seem to do well there

(I shall upload some pics and vids in the morning after i've got some sleep!!!)
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Congratulation's I'm glad you had a brilliant day.xxxxxxxxxxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Sounds like you had a great day , Congrats xxdk
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2008, 10:57 PM
THATS GREAT ...WELL DONE!...and not getting placed in a lab class at crufts is no disgrace!!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2008, 11:00 PM
well done! sounds like it was a bit mad but glad you enjoyed it and got some good results.. would love to see some pictures!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Glad you survived it! It must have been great to be handed the CC, I've never got beyond RCC and even then someone else was handling
You will have been in the ring with my friend Rose today, her Lab was in JD and SYD and was Reserve in both. (Kimvalley State Border or "Sammy" to his friends)
I haven't caught up with her as she won't be back until tomorrow night. I was disappointed not to see any labs on tonight's TV coverage considering how many there were. However, I was delighted to see the group Winner, the Boardmans are a lovely family and Monica's father is still on the Dalmatian Club Committee having been in the breed for many years. We met Riley at ringcraft a couple of months ago, so I can say that Deccy stood next to him!!!!!! Diva tried to beat him up luckily he is an extremely well mannered dog! An "almost neighbour" to me, Ralph Dunne, was shortlisted in the group; he's another person who speaks to everyone at shows over here, we've been under him a couple of times and he's very gentle when going over dogs.
Have a good sleep - you'll probably take all weekend to recover!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Well done,a well earned rest for you then eh?xxxxxxx
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Congratulations Jessica Just catching up with the forum then I'm ooff to Crufts on a spending spree!
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2008, 08:47 AM
oh well done,I was meant to have been at Crufts today with two of my boys,but ended up having to have ligament op on one of them,so we are at home having a lovely lazy day,sob,
Wendy
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Well done Jessica! Glad you too enjoyed your days! And getting a ticket woohoo!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >